All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday 2 December 2014

BLOGMAS: FESTIVE MENU AT MILLER AND CARTER


One of the things I love about Christmas is the delicious food, especially all of the tempting festive menus on offer at my favourite restaurants.  At the weekend Si and I headed to our local Miller & Carter Steakhouse with his parents to try their festive menu.  We booked ahead way back in October to make sure that we didn't miss out, although I do wish we could have gone closer to Christmas.  The Parbold restaurant is one of our favourite places to eat so we knew the food was going to be super tasty and be of a high standard and I have to say we weren't disappointed in the slightest.







You can choose from 2 or 3 courses and the price is really reasonable for the quality at just over £12 for 3 courses.  On this occasion we all opted for 2 courses, mostly to make sure there was space for dessert!  If I had chosen a starter I would have chosen the Salmon Gravlax, although the roasted root vegetable soup sounded delicious.

For the main course I chose the Three Bird Roast Turkey which consisted of turkey breast stuffed with chicken, duck and stuffing all wrapped up with bacon. It looked so good on the plate and I couldn't fault anything but the dauphinoise potatoes were particularly creamy and delicious.  I almost always order a ribeye steak when I dine here as they are so good and are always cooked just how I like them, but it was nice to try something a bit different.

Dessert here is always a highlight and their chocolate brownies are a highlight. There are four dessert choices on the menu and we each chose something different which meant we got to see what they were all like.  For the traditional diners there is a Christmas Pudding option which looked really good but as I'm not much of a fan of it I decided to have the Chocolate Yule Log.  This is right up my alley!  The cake was lovely and moist but not too dense and rich, which was great as it didn't leave me feeling over full at the end of the meal.  It was served with whipped cream, which is always freshly whipped and not that rubbish from a squirty can, and a berry compote.  The Apple Crumble was served in an adorable mini casserole type dish complete with lid along with a jug of warm custard.  The final option which Si chose was the Vanilla Cheesecake served with cream and mandarins in a Cointreau sauce.  I had a few spoonfuls of the cheesecake and thought it was delicious.  I'm not usually a cheesecake fan but this one was so creamy and had a lovely vanilla flavour that I probably could have eaten the whole thing!

If you haven't eaten at Miller & Carter before I recommend it anyway but if you're looking for somewhere to get together with the family in the next few weeks I do highly recommend booking yourself a table and trying out the festive menu.


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. I have to admit I'm a stickler for E45 hand cream. With eczema I'm always moisturising my hands! I might have to just check this out though, the scent sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dannii @ hungry healthy happy2 December 2014 at 09:56

    I would want to eat this haha. I love hand cream. My hands got so cracked in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend has eczema and swears by E45 cream but I I only use that when my skin gets seriously dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to eat this! Find myself sniffing my hands constantly haha!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin