All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 1 December 2014

BLOGMAS: THE CHRISTMAS TAG


It's December at last!  Door number one has been flung open and I've already munched my way through the chocolate inside (I've indulged in two this year, one for home and one that sits on my desk!)  This year I'm taking part in Blogmas, or at least attempting to.  I'll hopefully be posting something Christmas related everyday for the whole of December, which is a big task for me considering I don't generally post very often!  I'll have everything from gift guides to recipes and loads of other festive lifestyle posts too.  I'm kicking it off with a festive tag which I saw on Becky's blog over at Milk Bubble Tea.




1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
Elf is my all time favourite Christmas movie.  It just makes me feel so festive and it's not Christmas properly for me until I've watched it.  I also love watching all of the cheesy TV movies in the afternoon, especially whilst doing something else festive like putting up decorations or wrapping presents.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning always!  When I was younger we would have smaller presents left at the foot of our beds in a stocking which we would rip open at a ridiculously early time in the morning.  Then we would have to wait until everyone was up before we could all go downstairs and open up the bigger presents from our parents.  The rest of the presents from relatives and friends would wait until after Christmas dinner once the table had been cleared and the dishes washed.

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
There are so many from my childhood but the one I'm going to choose as my favourite would be our Christmas spent in Australia in 2012.  Although Si and I could not spend it with our families it was a completely different experience for us.  It was summer and a scorching 38 degrees.  We had originally planned to go to the beach but a few weeks before our boss invited us to spend Christmas day with his family.  It was nice to be included and, as our boss and his family were from New Zealand, it was a very different experience.  The food was delicious and of course there was a pavlova for dessert!

4. favourite festive food?
Having chocolate for breakfast is a must.  It's probably the only time of year that it is acceptable!  Other than that just the whole of Christmas dinner.  My mums Christmas dinner is always a highlight and as there is always so much left over I really enjoy being able to pick at bits and pieces in the evening and all day on Boxing Day.

5. Favourite Christmas gift ?
I would have to say my bass guitar.  I never thought I would actually get it and on Christmas day I was disappointed not to see a big guitar sized present waiting for me, only for my parents to surprise me with by hiding it behind the living room door.  I still have it now although I haven't played it in years.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Last year I had my first ever real tree and the smell is just heaven!  I can't wait to get one again this year.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
I actually don't which feels quite boring now I'm thinking about it.  As a child we had the usual carrot for rudolph and beer with a mince pie being left out next to the fire.

8. What tops your tree?
A gold star.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I've never really asked for anything wild or extravagant that I can remember.  I must have been to realistic in my expectations!  I do remember asking for the game Hungry Hippos every year for a good few years in a row and never ever got it.  It still disappoints me now to be honest haha!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Family is an obvious.  Although we both see our families quite regularly it just feels a little bit different to enjoy food and time together and just generally chill out.  Also food is a massive part of it for me personally.  Most people tend to over indulge and I'm guilty of that too but I love all of the delicious food that is around at this time of year, the chocolates, Christmas dinner, the left overs and the finger food buffets.  I love it all!

I tag everyone reading to give this a go.  Leave me a comment with the link if you do.



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Charlotte Jimenez2 December 2014 at 00:11

    Great post! Ahh you have made me super excited for Christmas by reading this haha!

    I might actually borrow these questions and use them for a Blogmas post :)

    If you want to check my Blogmas out its here - http://charljimenez.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/blogmas-december-1st.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, I'll have a read of yours too :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin