All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 23 November 2014

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW FUDGE

 

As soon as I pulled my tub of Solo Toasted Marshmallow Creme out of my October Degustabox I knew good things were going to happen!  I love this type of product but I'm always at a loss at how to use it, other than dipping into it with a giant spoon of course!  To my delight on the back of the tub was a recipe for toasted marshmallow fudge.  I'm not going to lie I absolutely love fudge and could probably eat my own body weight of the delightful sweet treat, but I've never ever thought of making it as I thought it would be really difficult to do.
After eyeing up the ingredients list and method I decided to have a crack at it. I've got to say that the whole process was much more simpler and a lot quicker than I ever thought it was.  I don't have a candy thermometer so I had to do a little bit of guess work at that stage but it still turned out quite well and super duper tasty!  It was quite soft once it had set so I'm not sure if I boiled it quite long enough but a short spell in the fridge once I had chopped it up into cubes seemed to firm it up a little more.  I'm totally hooked on making fudge now and on my shopping list sits a sugar thermometer and a whole host of ingredients for a bit of experimental fudge making!  I'm sure Si and my work colleagues won't mind tasting my efforts.





If you fancy trying out this recipe for yourself here's how to do it.  Enjoy!


1 teaspoon vanilla,
7 oz container Solo Toasted Marshmallow Creme,
12 oz white chocolate chips,
2 cups sugar,
1⁄4lb butter,
5oz evaporated milk,


To make this marshmallow fudge recipe, place vanilla and white chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Mix sugar,evaporated milk, and 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to avoid scorching. Continue boiling and stirring mixture until candy thermometer reaches 233° F. Add the remaining butter and Toasted Marshmallow Creme to the boiling mixture, mix until smooth while still heating. Bring back up to a boil, stirring constantly. Immediately pour the hot mixture into the bowl of chips and vanilla. Blend well.  Pour the fudge into an 8” x 8” greased pan. Cool the marshmallow fudge at room temperature until firm and cut into squares.

Helpful Hints: Heat mixture longer for firmer fudge.

• Use 7 oz. evaporated milk for softer, creamier fudge.

• May Substitute Chocolate Chips for White Chocolate Chips.




Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. This will work really well as a little petit four at my Christmas dinner party this weekend!! Thanks!!


    Oliver

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin