All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 21 November 2014

A LINER THAT'S WORTH THE HYPE?


I was pretty pleased to see a free sample of Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner attached to the cover of this months Elle magazine.  I've wanted to try it since reading through all of the hyped up blog posts around the time of its release. You may have noticed that I love the winged liner look so I can't say I wasn't tempted to splurge on this but after reading about Maybelline's version which retails at a fraction of the price I opted to try that one first and, if you read my earlier post about it you'll probably know that I fell absolutely in love with it!





So here I sit wearing my first application of Benefit's revolutionary gel liner.  I've read a real mix of reviews on this with the vast majority being over the top hype and the rest putting this down as an over hyped fail.  I haven't read any middle of the road reviews, yet here I sit right in the middle.  Lets start with what I like about this.  I love the design of the nib, every bit of it feels the right shape to create a sleek cat eye.  I found it really easy to apply getting right up close to my lash line but then I'm not entirely sure whether this is because I've had almost daily practise using a very similar product.  All I know is this gave me a great shape and sharp winged line.

So what's not to love?  When I'm wearing my Lasting Drama liner it lasts for hours, like all day and probably more if I didn't remove it at the end of the day. This one?  It managed a few hours before my wings started to flake off onto my cheeks.  Not a great look!  If there was a way to combine the chiselled nib of the Push Up Liner with Maybelline's gel liner formula then I would be a happy girl indeed!



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. I'd imagine I'd find the angled nib difficult to manoeuvre around my eyes. It's a shame. It looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy21 November 2014 at 15:56

    I have never been able to find a good eye liner that I like, so I will be giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely use eye liner, but yours is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recommend trying the Maybelline one first if you're unsure of whether you will like it and don't want to pay out a lot of money on the Benefit liner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I found it easier to consistently get a good winged line with this type of liner but it's definitely not for everyone. You might still be able to pick up a free sample with Elle magazine if you fancy giving it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a very mixed opinion of this. I love the look it achieves but I just found it too hard to work with! xx

    Magpie Jasmine || GIVEAWAY!: Urban Decay/Nars/Charlotte Tilbury/Too Faced

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin