All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 10 November 2014

FROSTED CRANBERRY SPARKLER



We're approaching the festive season which means it's time to start planning make up party looks.  In my youth this would have meant bucket loads of glitter but over the last 5 years or so my favour towards sparkly make up has dwindled massively.  I do feel like I'm getting a bit too old to plaster myself with glitter which is so sad as I'm a bit of a magpie and love glittery things.





On a recent trip to The Body Shop I spotted this delightful little bottle. Thinking it was some kind of perfume in a gorgeous little vintage styled atomiser I picked this up from the shelf to have a whiff.  Turns out, to my utter delight, that this wasn't a perfume but a fine glittery powder instead.  I've never seen anything quite like this Frosted Cranberry Sparkler before.  It is indeed scented, in this case of cranberry, so it's actually like a scented body shimmer.  What I do really like is the novel packaging.  One spritz dispenses a generous puff of fine, fruity glitter.  I tested this on my arm and one squeeze was plenty to cover my whole forearm so this little bottle will go a long way and last ages.  The sales girl recommended spritzing through hair for a glam party look and I think that is a really great way to use this.  I also think across the décolletage would be pretty too.  This makes wearing glitter feel very grown up and sophisticated and is something that I could enjoy wearing for parties and special occasions without the fear of looking a little outdated and childish.  I'm really looking forward to wearing this and in the meantime it does look so stylish on my vanity.




Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments

  1. English Rose from Manchester11 November 2014 at 10:09

    Vanilla brulee sounds immense! I love it when all the Christmas beauty sets come out, and these ones look lovely!

    Jen x

    http://englishrosefrommanchester.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love the glazed apple :) I really want to try the vanilla brulee next. I absolutely swear by the bodyshop make up brushes, so soft and delicate, they apply makeup beautifully! Looks like a wonderful event, glad you had fun! Love your pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing night, wish i could of gone x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!! I love the little vintage style bottle. How well did it stay on? I completely agree... I've completely gone off glitter to wear on my face as I find that just a bit too much but you can't say no to some subtle shimmer. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love glitter too! And yes, when I stumbled upon this post, I immediately thought it was perfume. The title doesn't really give away much! :p Btw, I love your blog design. It's super cute!


    :)


    Jenny of pennedbyjenny.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Body Shops I've been to aren't quite as festive as the one that you've gone to, but it's amazing. Lovely haul!


    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is incredibly subtle in hair but a little more obvious on skin. It lasted the evening on my body so it's perfect party material :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They have done such a lovely job of making it feel festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a lot of fun, sorry you weren't able to make it :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. The Vanilla Brulee smells so good but I'm a sucker for fruity scents, especially apples! I need those brushes in my life! Hopefully I have made enough hints to the Mr :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. They definitely have some cracking sets this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin