All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 7 November 2014

CHRISTMAS AT THE BODY SHOP



Earlier this week I made my way to The Body Shop at the Trafford Centre for the launch of their Christmas collection.  It's not often I go shopping there, although I do have a few favourites that are regulars in my skincare routine, so it was really nice to explore their regular lines as well as checking out all of the new Christmas goodies.















I took along the bestie and we were greeted at the door by one of the team who explained what would be happening during the evening.  We set about browsing whilst sipping on bucks fizz.  The layout of the store is lovely and bright with row after row of brightly coloured bottles.  I just love the clean and simple festive decor too!

The three festive scents are Glazed Apple, Frosted Cranberry and Vanilla Brulee. They all smell absolutely delicious but my favourite has to be Glazed Apple which is a very fruity scent with a lovely sweetness to it.  Each scent has a wide range of products available from body butters and lip balms to room sprays and reed diffusers.  There are also a range of gift sets which are all so beautifully designed, my favourite being the apple shaped tin filled full of bath and body goodies (this is already on my Christmas gift wishlist!).  They are bound to impress as gifts!

Not limited to the new festive lines, the gift sets contain some old favourites and best sellers in a variety of sizes to suit all budgets.  There are stocking fillers containing lip balms and hand creams and larger showy pieces such as The Winter Wonderful Music Box, an adorable musical tin filled with 3 body butters, 3 lip balms and an eau de toilette spray.

I also spied the new addition to their musk fragrance collection, Red Musk.  This spicy unisex scent has notes of pepper, cinnamon and tobacco and is right up my alley.  I love the warmth and sensuality of the fragrance and think it is perfect for the colder months ahead.  I also really quite like that it is on the masculine side but don't find it to be too strong that I would feel uncomfortable wearing it.

There was a little bit of pampering going on with team members giving facials, hand massages and makeovers.  It was really busy so we got our names down for a makeover early on and enjoyed a hand massage whilst we waited.  I chose the Frosted Cranberry range as there aren't many scents more festive!  My hands were cleansed with a drop of shower gel before being treated to a spot of exfoliation using the body polish.  To finish hand cream was massaged into my hands using a technique called "milking the cow" which gave us a bit of a giggle! My hands have never felt so soft and my god did they smell scrumptious!

I was really excited to have my makeover, not only because I love make up but also because I have never tried any make up from The Body Shop before.  Crazy I know!  I really struggle with dark circles around my eyes so I asked if they could show me any products to help me.  First, after a quick cleanse, a light base was applied starting with a mattifying primer to help my make up stay put. Following this the All-In-One BB Cream was applied.  I think the shade 01 was used.  Before application it looks white however on contact with the skin the colour adapts to match.  I really liked this as it was very lightweight and exactly the type of foundation I would wear during the day.  I was shown the Lightening Touch Cocealer, a best seller which has been likened to the YSL Touche Eclat. The pen style concealer with brush applicator is a light liquid containing light diffusing particles.  Once applied I could really tell the difference as my eye area looked much brighter.  Another product on my growing wishlist!

I noticed one of the team was wearing a really gorgeous look on her eyes.  I really wanted to be able to recreate this so I asked what products I would need. I was presented with the gorgeous Dolly Pastels Eye Palette and the make up artist very kindly applied the same look on me showing me how to do it.  I really loved the look and the colours and was over the moon with the final look.  I really need to pick up some pieces from the make up range as I've really been missing out.

One final thing to mention is how amazingly soft the make up brushes are!  I really need to get some of these.  I was eyeing up the brush collections which are such good value and really need to be in my life!


Of course I picked up a few treats for myself.  I'm a massive fan of the Vitamin E range and the moisturiser is one of the best I have ever used on my skin.  I chose this little duo containing the Intense Moisture Cream and the Overnight Serum-In-Oil.  These will be a real treat for my weather worn winter skin over the coming months.  Another duo I had my eye on contained the Dolly Pastels Eye Palette that had been used during my makeover and a Frosted Cranberry Sparkler, a very pretty new party product.  I was also wowed by the Hand Creams so I chose the Glazed Apple which smells just beautiful.  Finally as a little treat I chose the Strawberry Body Butter as a free gift.

It was such a lovely evening and I left smelling gorgeous.  If you are on the look out for some beautiful gifts I highly recommend you pay a visit to your nearest store, there is quite literally something for everyone.  There are some fantastic offers going on including 2 for £16 on Body Butters and Buy More Save More on the gift cubes, not forgetting the fantastically priced gift sets.

Finally I wanted to say a massive thanks to the entire team for putting on such an enjoyable evening and making us feel so welcome.  We had a fantastic time and I now have a wishlist of products longer than my arm!




Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin