All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 16 October 2014

OUTFIT: AZTEC



I didn't originally intend to post this, hence the crappy phone selfie photos, but I really liked my outfit and wanted to share.  At the weekend I went to my boss's 50th birthday party and this is what I chose to wear.  
The dress is by Apricot and I originally bought in a sale intending to wear it for last years work christmas party, but for some reason I never wore it and it remained in my wardrobe.  I think it's a really flattering fit as the loose chiffon top and tight fitting bottom creates a nice waist and I love the flocked aztec print.  I teamed it with a pair of old New Look gladiator sandal style platforms, a black clutch from Avon and a silver collar necklace.



My make up was pretty standard for a night out.  I started with Mac Prep & Prime Fix + and followed with Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and Maybelline Eye Eraser in a failed attempt to cover up my massive under eye bags.  If anyone has any recommendations for a miracle under eye concealer to cover my big black bags please leave me a comment!  For the rest of my face I used Soap & Glory Solar Powder to add a little colour.

On to the cheeks I applied Soap & Glory Glow All Out as a highlighter followed by The Balm Instain Blush in Swiss Dot.  To add a little extra colour and shimmer I applied Jane Iredale 24 Karat Gold Dust in Rose Gold.

For my eyes I wanted to keep them quite neutral and simple as I wanted to go for a bold lip instead so I applied Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Duo in Warm Cashmere, a lovely sandy beige with a warm shimmery brown to add definition to the outer corners.  To line the eyes I used the amazing Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Pen which I use to create a winged line as well as to line the lower lashes.  I have a post coming up soon about this so I won't go into this one too much.  I didn't use mascara as I was wearing lash extensions which gave my eyes a lovely fluttery look.  For the brows I used my usual Rimmel brow pencil before combing into shape.

Finally on the lips I chose to wear a bold red.  I applied my Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick twice, blotting in between applications.  Whenever I'm wearing a bold colour for a night out I apply Lipcote to help keep it in place.  As this has a mattifying effect I opted to apply my new Cargo Essential Lip Gloss in Vienna over the top.  As it's a bright fuschia pink it not only added shine but also an additional berry hued depth to my red lipstick.



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

Follow on Bloglovin