All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 1 October 2014

#LIGHTSCAMERACURRYS



On Saturday I was invited to attend a photography workshop hosted by Currys at Manchester Photographic.  Being the first bloggers event I have attended I was incredibly nervous, feelings which weren't particularly helped by my train being cancelled on the morning of the event!  I did however manage to get there on time (boyfriend to the rescue once again!) and was made to feel at ease straight away.


After making myself feel at home and saying hello to some of the other bloggers we got started with some basics.  The aim of the workshop was to teach us how to use the manual settings on our cameras and help us to stop using automatic. I'm very new to my DSLR camera, only owning it for a couple of months, and up until now I've never strayed from the automatic setting.  I've read a few articles about shutter speed and aperture but to be quite honest I didn't really get it.

We had a fab tutor who started by showing us how to manually focus, how to hold the camera in the most supportive way and how to stand.  We then went on to learn about shutter speed, aperture and ISO.  Our tutor explained things in a way that was easy to understand and I found myself having quite a few "oh yeah, of course!" moments in my head as I started to understand how each setting works.  It turned out to be much more simple than I had initially thought.

After a break for lunch, a delicious buffet complete with lemon meringue for dessert, we broke up into groups for a practical assignment.  Each group was given a subject to focus on, ours was food preparation.  We headed out to the Manchester Food & Drink Festival to put our fresh knowledge to the test.  At first it felt a little daunting but I soon got into the swing of things and I managed to get a few ok shots.  Here are my favourites.








I definitely need a lot more practise, but now I'm armed with the knowledge I feel much more confident playing around with the settings.  It was a really enjoyable experience overall and it was good to meet other bloggers from the area.  If you're interested to see more photos from other bloggers who attended search #lightscameracurrys on twitter.




Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin