All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 1 October 2014

SEPTEMBER DEGUSTABOX


For the last few months receiving my Degustabox has been something I really look forward.  My last two boxes have been quite good but I think Septembers box has been my favourite yet.
Burts Lentil Waves - £0.69 each
I was surprised by how nice these were as, whilst I don't mind lentils overall, they just don't sound appealing as a snack.  Well wasn't I proved to be wrong!  I tried the lightly salted flavour first and they were quite flavoursome and really very moreish.  I could quite happily munch my way through a larger bag of these whilst watching a film.  They did feel quite greasy so perhaps aren't the healthiest snack going but I really like the light crunchy texture.  Si had the Thai sweet chilli flavour as I'm not a fan of that type of flavour and enjoyed them. The final pack, which I am yet to try, is sour cream and chive flavour.


Jordans Simply Granola - £2.69
I like granola but it's not very often that I actually eat it.  It's a very simple oats and honey flavour which means I can easily dress it up with whatever yoghurt or fruit I fancy.  I really like that I can change it up everyday and I'm looking forward to trying it.


Bahlsen Pick Up - £1.69 each
Obviously I tore open the packets as soon as photos were taken!  Two flavours were included and the only struggle I had was deciding which one to eat first. Black n white consists of two cocoa flavoured biscuits sandwiched together with a white chocolate filling.  Good, delicious in fact, but not quite as good as the milk chocolate flavour.  These are both really very tasty and I wouldn't hold back if I saw these on a supermarket shelf.


Crabbie's Alcoholic Fruits - £1.50
I've been a fan of Crabbie's since they released their bottles of alcoholic ginger beer, which is one of my favourite summer drinks.  I always like to try out their new offerings so I was excited to see this in my box.  I'm sipping on this now (don't worry this is scheduled, I'm not drinking at 7am!) and it is very pleasantly fruity.  It doesn't contain any ginger like their other drinks but it does contain 10% fruit juice which is evident in the taste and it does actually taste like real black cherry.  The other flavours in the range are zesty lemon and raspberry and rhubarb, the latter of which I'm looking forward to tasting.  These are a nice change to the flavoured ciders which have been trending massively over the last few years and will be a good choice for anyone not keen on cider.


Little Miracles - £1.59 each
These look quite similar to one of the products included in last months box. They are organic teas blended with fruit juices and energy boosting ingredients such as ginseng and acai.  I haven't yet tried these but the flavour combinations sound very delicious.


Carnation Cook With It - £1.65
This was an interesting inclusion in my box.  I love cooking with cream, there's nothing better than a rich creamy sauce completely smothering a bowl of pasta. Not particularly healthy though is it.  The difference with this is that it contains 68% less fat than single cream which makes any meal that little less naughty! I'm looking forward to using this later in the week to make a simple sauce for a pasta dish.


Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Mint Thins - £2.50
It's mint flavoured chocolate, do I really need to say more?  Ok, well these are really yummy, delicately thin slices of rich dark chocolate with crunchy mint sprinkles on top.  I don't buy Elizabeth Shaw products often but on the occasions that I have I've come to know them as generally being good quality, tasty chocolates.  These would make a perfect after dinner treat, especially with the upcoming festive season.


La Vieja Fabrica Orange Marmalade - £1.59
I like marmalade but as I don't like to have jam on my toast it's not often that you would find it in my cupboard.  I cracked open the jar and had a quick taste. It's massively zesty and flavoursome and utterly delicious!  It contains just three ingredients so there's no nasties in this and the taste is pure quality.  This will make the perfect cake filling and that's how I plan to use it very soon.


Overall this has been a strong box for me and I love almost all of the products. Have you tried any of this months products?


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin