All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 13 September 2014

August Degustabox


After my first Degustabox in July I was genuinely looking forward to receiving my August box.  It arrived just as I was heading off for a long weekend away in Edinburgh so I took it along with me to unbox and take photos.  Unfortunately, and quite irritatingly, my memory card somehow got corrupted somewhere along the way and I lost all of my lovely photos of Edinburgh and also my Degustabox pics.  Needless to say some of the items where consumed immediately after photos were taken (I'm looking at you Lindt chocolates!) but it was a cracking box so I wanted to share it here anyway.  There are a few items missing in the photo but here's a run down of what I received this month.



As a chocoholic of course the first item I tore open was this adorable little tin of Lindt Chocolate Hearts.  I've tasted many, many different types of chocolate and Lindt is one of my favourites.  I love it's rich melt in the mouth texture so this was an instant thumbs up to see it included.  The chocolates inside the tin are individually wrapped in pink and white foil making this a cute little gift for someone special.

Another product I was excited to see inside were the Schwartz Flavour Shots in Spanish Smoked Paprika and Mexican Fajita flavours.  I have tried the Spanish Smoked Paprika flavour which was ok.  Paprika isn't one of my favourite spices so I probably wouldn't buy this one but I am still excited to try the Mexican Fajita.

Mexican Dave's Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips went down a treat.  We melted some cheese over them in the oven and ate with a guacamole dip whilst watching a film one night.  You can't really go wrong with salted flavour and these were really delicious with a nice crunch.  A bag of these is just £1 at Tesco making them a really good value snack so no doubt I'll grab a bag next time I see them on the shelf.

I'm not a bread person at all so the next two products weren't for me.  For most people the Brioche Pasquier Croissants and Pan Au Lait in this months box would make the perfect breakfast but nope, not for me.  I did try a croissant just to see if I would like them but I hated it.  I will say from the mouthful I tried they had quite a fresh feel to them.  Luckily my boyfriend is a fiend for bread and polished the croissants off in no time.  I do wish I had received the Pan Au Chocolat option however as I might have enjoyed those.

The next product I tried was the Cawston Press Kid's Blend Apple & Pear juice.  It was nice enough and I enjoyed the ever so slightly gritty natural texture from the pears but the flavour just wasn't there for me.  The point of this was probably lost on me as it is intended for children but as I don't have any to try this out for me I had to be the judge.

Out of the two products I've received so far only this one product has had a me truly wowed.  I absolutely cannot wait to bake some cupcakes using the Dr Oetker Edible Cupcake Cases.  They are made of wafer and allow you to bake cupcakes without the use of a muffin tray.  It also means you can eat the entire cake, case and all!  I'll make sure to post a full review of these once I have used them.

The final two things in my box are both beverages.  First up the Berry White Lemon & Ginger drink.  I love both lemon and ginger so I couldn't wait to give this a taste.  Served chilled this is very refreshing and super tasty.  The blend of flavours works perfectly, neither too tart or too spicy.  This is something that I could see myself picking up again.

This months alcohol came in the shape of Caribbean Twist Strawberry Daiquiri pre mixed cocktail drink.  I love a good strawberry daiquiri so I am looking forward to trying this.  I don't drink a whole lot these days so I'm saving this one for the right occasion.

Tucked right in the bottom of my box was a voucher for a free pack of MOMA Bircher Muesli.  I love muesli so this is yet another product that I'm excited to try at some point.

Overall it's another great box and yet again I'm very excited to get my hands on the box.  Do you subscribe to Degustabox?  What are your thoughts on the box?




Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin