All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 18 August 2014

L'OREAL NUDE MAGIQUE EAU DE TEINT



I've always used the same kind of foundation, a light to medium coverage liquid. Normally when I go on holiday to a warm country I try to minimise the amount of make up on my face.  I feel like I'm past the age where I can get away with nothing to even out my skin, even though I am still just about on the right side of thirty, so before going on holiday to Spain a few weeks ago I decided to explore my options for a lightweight base.
There's the obvious tinted moisturisers and BB creams which I'm sure would have been just fine but I really did want something more foundation-like to wear in the evenings and on non-sunbathing days.  During my search I came across this little gem.  L'Oreal's Nude Magique Eau De Teint is unlike any foundation I've tried before.  It comes in a little glass bottle, and when I say little I really mean it!  It looks really small and dainty compared to other foundations I have but I really like the look of this little frosted glass bottle.



I know a lot of people have said this is messy to apply as it doesn't have a pump but I completely disagree.  It's so easy to apply by simply putting your finger over the opening and tipping upside down.  I do this and dab several spots all over my face where needed before blending in with my fingers.  I haven't tried using a brush and I don't see the point in doing so, at least not for me, as my hands do a good enough job.

The texture of this is unreal and I could only understand what L'Oreal meant by "lighter than water" upon first application.  It did feel really strange at first but now I'm used to it and completely loving it.  The consistency of this practically like water but once it is blended into the skin it seems to turn into a velvety powder finish which feels like pure silk.  I was a little surprised by how good the coverage was on this too.  I expected very light coverage with this but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it gave me a lovely even look covering the majority of red patches and blemishes.

There's only one downside to this.  If you have any dry patches then this will cling like no ones business!  If you have dry skin then you could still enjoy this flake free, just make sure your skin is well moisturised and you exfoliate regularly.  This does the trick for me.

I've really enjoyed using this for the last month or so.  I've found myself picking this up in the mornings for it's pure ease of application.  I can slap this on in the morning while I'm still half asleep and blend it in quickly with no worry of setting it with a powder.  The best part of this is that it's so light it feels like I'm going make up free whilst keeping me covered all day.



Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin