All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 9 August 2014

JULY DEGUSTABOX


I can't resist a good subscription box, it's lovely to get a little surprise box every month like it's my birthday.  Up until now I had only tried beauty boxes but last month my eye was well and truly captured by Degustabox.  I love trying new food just as much as I enjoy discovering new beauty products so this was right up my alley.  After missing out on the rather amazing looking June box I signed up for the August edition and below is what I received.


Zeo soft drinks.  These look really appealing to me.  As someone who is actively trying to cut refined sugar from my diet these sounded really good for those times when I want to drink something a bit more exciting than water.  They contain all natural flavours and are sweetened with sugar beet and stevia.  So far I have tried Crush which is blood orange flavoured.  It certainly smells very natural and kind of herby but the taste is much more subtle than I was expecting.  It has a light citrus flavour which is very crisp and refreshing.  Definitely what I would call a grown-up soft drink and, with no more than 45 calories in any of these drinks, they're great for anyone who is health conscious.  I'm looking forward to trying the other two flavours Burst (peach and grapefruit) and Zest (lime).  I also received a money off voucher to spend on a 4 pack of my favourite flavour.


I'm loving the ongoing trend of interestingly flavoured popcorn.  In my box there were three different flavours of Portlebay Popcorn Kracklecorn, salty sweet, crispy bacon & maple and chilli & lime.  All three very appealing flavours but I tucked straight into the bacon and maple flavour.  Oh my is this delicious!  Not overly meaty in flavour but it has a lovely salty smokiness which is a perfect match to the sweet syrup.  I would happily devour a large bag of this to myself!  I'm yet to try the other two flavours but the chilli and lime sounds interesting as I've never tried popcorn with a spicy flavour before.


I've seen and heard loads about Maggi products but never tried any before.  I do prefer to make my own sauces and I make a wickedly moist roast chicken without the aid of a bag so I've never felt the need to purchase this kind of product before.  Now I have them of course I will see what they are like.  The sauces seem quite calorific to me so it's not something I would usually go for but they do sound good.  I received six sachets in total.  Two piri piri chicken, two So Juicy oriental soy & garlic, a cheesy chicken & leek potato bake and a classic beef & ale casserole.  They look quite simple to use and I imagine these would be great for busy people who need a speedily prepared one pot meal.  I may update with my thoughts once I have given a few of these a go.


Hurray for baking goodies!  I love to bake but I don't always put much effort into decorating my cakes.  Mainly because they don't usually last long enough to be decorated (yum!).  I haven't baked any cakes for a while so testing these out will surely give me an incentive to get back into the kitchen.


Cider is one of my top summer drink picks.  If it's not wine in my glass then it's probably cider.  I'm a huge fan of flavoured ciders however I haven't yet tried a blueberry flavoured one.  I'm imagining this tasting great and look forward to taste testing.


This doesn't sound like it should work, at least not to me.  Chocolate and orange, a big fat yes!  Chocolate and lemon?  I wasn't quite sure.  Well after tasting I can tell you that this is a hit.  Actually this is my favourite product in the box.  Green & Black's chocolate never fails to taste amazing, the texture is silky smooth perfection, but the soft lemony tang makes it really interesting and delicious.


Overall I've completely enjoyed the Degustabox experience.  I'm quite adventurous with food so I'm always looking out for new things to try.  My favourite products so far have been the chocolate and the popcorn (duh!) and everything else is either something that I like or that I look forward to trying.  As far as value goes I paid £9.99 for the box, which was a discounted price, and the total price of the contents is £19.75.  I think that's a pretty good deal.  I'm already excited to see what will be in this months box.




Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin