All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 18 July 2014

PHD DIET WHEY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not big on exercise.  In the past just the thought of going for a jog has been enough to break me out in a sweat.  For some reason, still unknown to myself, a few months ago I decided to dust off my trainers and start doing a bit of exercise.  Not to go running, nope that still doesn't appeal to me, but to start interval training.
I'd heard a lot of good things about the Insanity workouts and, although they sounded a lot like physical hell, I picked up a copy and gave it a try.  To say I'm hooked on it is an understatement but I won't talk too much about that now as I plan on doing a whole different post about my progress once I've reached the end of the first month.

Moving on to what this post is really all about.  Starting such an intense physical routine had me looking hard at what I was putting into my body.  I started tracking every bit of food and drink I was consuming and realised that I was taking in a hefty amount of carbs and barely any protein.  I started adding more protein rich foods to my diet however I felt the need for a helping hand.

I would like to say I sat down at this point and did loads of research to find out which protein supplement would be best.  I didn't.  Si came across this Phd Diet Whey by choice in an online deal at Monster Supplements.  I think he read a few reviews before ordering but that's as far as it went.




We chose vanilla creme flavour thinking that if it didn't taste all that great we could easily chuck some fruit in to improve it.  I actually really love the flavour and look forward to drinking this, so there's no need to mix in the fruit.  It's a lovely creamy tasting vanilla ice cream flavour which is quite sweet, more so than I was expecting.

I usually make this the night before so it can chill over night.  It tastes much nicer when it's ice cold.  I mix two scoops (about 50g) with 350ml cold water and shake vigorously to mix.  The texture is very pleasant, creamy with little crunchy flaxseeds throughout.

So does this make me feel any better?  On the days that I drink this I feel fuller for longer.  There is barely any sugar in this but as it contains artificial sweeteners (still not too sure how I feel about those) it gives me a sweetness that, to be honest, I crave most of the time!  In short, it stops me from wanting to eat my own body weight in chocolate and cake!

I'm really glad that I have added this to my diet and these days just feel more satisfied overall.  I've been exploring different ways to include this in my diet, such as adding a scoop to porridge, for when I don't want to carry my bottle around with me.  Any suggestions welcome in the comments!



Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking. dr oz diet grapefruit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone unable or unwilling to regularly consume a healthful diet to grow taller? You likely need a dietary supplement to fill in the nutrient gaps.hgh-x2

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin