All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 14 July 2014

LOVE ME BEAUTY JUNE


I'm a little slow posting this review of Love Me Beauty's June box but there were some really great products in here that I wanted to share.  I'm completely new to Love Me Beauty.  I saw some interesting posts pop up on a few of the blogs that I follow and decided to give it a go.

The difference with this company is that you get to see and, to some degree, choose what products you receive.  Each month you get a choice of 3 different boxes, each with different products inside.  I was interested to know how I would feel opening the box knowing already what is inside as opposed to beauty boxes I've subscribed to in the past were it is a complete surprise.  Would I feel a bit disappointed or would there be a lack of excitement opening the box.


I can't deny that I did miss the element of surprise but on the other hand I already knew that I would like and use the majority of products inside.  Upon opening the box I was greeted with some bright pink tissue paper.  I really like that there isn't another box inside the cardboard shipping box.  I have a stack of empty boxes from other subscriptions which I don't want to throw away but also don't really know what to use them for.  Inside the pink paper sat my 5 products on a bed of the beauty box staple of shredded paper, this time in bright blue.



June was Love Me Beauty's first birthday so there was a cute little birthday card inside.  There was also a menu card with information on my chosen products. Here's what I got:


Beauty UK Eye Shadow Palette 'Earth Child' - £3.99
I hadn't heard of Beauty UK until I received this.  A quick Google tells me that it is stocked in Superdrug and I don't often shop in there these days which explains why I hadn't heard of it before.  I love the colours in this.  I've been craving neutral eye shades recently so this is right up my street.  There are 10 shimmering shades in charcoal greys, bronzey browns and khaki greens which all seem to work together nicely.  I'm planning on taking this away on holiday with me in a couple of weeks.  It will give me a good variation without having to pack loads of different products.  The quality isn't that bad considering the price.  They are quite well pigmented and blend relatively easily.  Thumbs up for this one.


Urban Veda Purifying Day Cream - £14.99
Another brand I wasn't too familiar with.  I was pleasantly surprised by this on first application.  It contains Spearmint which gives it a lovely refreshing minty tingle, which I love.  It's not really the ideal product for me as it is intended more for oily, congested skin but it feels nice so I'll use it up.


Montagne Jeunesse Brazillian Mud Fabric Masque - £1
Ah, this takes me back to my young teen years!  I remember going to sleep overs with my friends and we would all use one of these.  I haven't used this yet so I can't really comment on it but it looks interesting and I'm looking forward to using it.


Model Co Shine Ultra Lip Gloss 'Fairy Floss' - £12
My least favourite product.  I'm just not a gloss kind of girl.  I did give this a quick go but I'd wiped this off within 5 minutes.  The colour is a pretty sheer candy pink, which I really like, and it's not very sticky on the lips, which is awesome, but the scent... just couldn't get past it I'm afraid.  It's a very strong sickly sweet strawberry milkshake smell, which I would normally love but not in my lip products.  It makes it seem cheap to me like the sticky tubes of sickly scented glosses I had as a teen. 


NYX Cosmetics Nail Polish 'Pastel Lavender' - £3
I can't quite believe I haven't tried anything by NYX before!  I have seen so many of their products which I have liked the look of but never actually bought any.  Crazy considering the prices are very reasonable.  I'm yet to wear this as I'm not a huge fan of the colour.  I would have preferred the hot pink shade which some subscribers received.  I'll give it a try though.


I'm really happy with the majority of the contents and I'm impressed with how it has all been presented.  I decided to cancel this month because I wasn't keen on the options for the July box but I'll be keeping an eye on this box to see what they come up with in future months.


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin