All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 17 April 2014

The Mannequin Manicure




Every now and then I rummage through my polish collection without a single drop of inspiration hoping that something will just jump out at me.  Last week I had one of those days.  I didn't fancy a trendy pastel or something bright and summery, yet I didn't want anything too dark.  Whilst pondering over a few pretty pinks I spotted this beige nude and was immediately inspired to create this very simple and understated look.


The said beige nude is Nails Inc Basil Street, which I must have had in my stash for a few years now.  It's a gorgeous toffee beige and I have no idea how I've owned it for so long without having worn it on a single occasion.  I'm a big fan of Nails Inc polishes and the formula for this is much like any of their others that I have tried.  I applied 3 coats however you could probably just about get away with 2.  This shade is perfect for the "mannequin hands" look.  This is where you choose a shade of polish as close as possible to your skin tone.  It's not to everyone's taste but I really like it.  It's perfectly work appropriate and I like the fact that it gives the effect of elongating the fingers.

I happened to be attending a birthday meal a few days later so I wanted to add something to make it a bit more interesting.  You may or may not remember I picked up some super cheap nail wraps a few months back from Boots.  One of them was L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Stickers in the design Diamond Eternal.  They are clear stickers with lots of tiny little silver dots on.  Used just on my ring fingers I think they add just the right amount of interest and texture whilst remaining understated.



Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin