All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 14 April 2014

A Very Versatile Palette: Look no.1

 



Last weekend whilst emptying out a few more boxes post move (um, I moved almost 5 months ago, where did that time go?!) I came across this wonderful little eye shadow palette.  I picked it up in a post Christmas sale at Asda a few years ago and honestly didn't have high expectations for such a cheap set.  There are so many colours here I simply thought it would be a cheap way to experiment with a bit of colour.  Fast forward to now and I can tell you I have only used a handful of different shades, mostly opting for neutrals.


I thought it would be a bit of fun to challenge myself to see how many looks I can get from this palette alone.  I've barely worn much colour on my eyes in recent months, almost entirely due to laziness, and thought this would be a good way to get me thinking creatively about my make up again rather than sticking to the same old same old every day.

Staying safe to start with I chose 3 quite neutral shades.  Over my entire lid, right up to the brow bone, I applied a matte pale peachy cream as a base.  To follow on my lid I swept on a gorgeous metallic, coppery brown shade.  I was so surprised at how fantastically well pigmented this shade was and I barely needed much to get good opaque colour.  I also applied it lightly along my lower lash line.  To finish I used a dark chocolatey brown shadow with a hint of shimmer to the outer corner, crease and lower lash line before blending it all together.  These shadows all blend so nicely, which was a real shock considering the price.

I think this is a great subtle smoky brown look for daytime.  I really like this combination of colours and can see myself reaching for these again and again.

Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin