All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 20 April 2014

The Catch Up: Recovery



Happy Easter everyone!  I've never really been one for celebrating Easter as an adult.  I'm not religious so I don't celebrate it for those reasons.  As far as chocolate is concerned well I've been eating mini eggs since January so the novelty of those had already worn off weeks ago.  Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate but it all seems a bit excessive.  You just have to look at all of the photos on facebook of kids surrounded by 20-odd chocolate eggs.  Does one child really need all of that??  Maybe my thought processes and feelings towards chocolate are changing now I'm attempting to get myself fit and healthy.  I don't know about you guys but I still have a cupboard half full of chocolate and sweets from christmas!


Speaking of getting fit and healthy, Monday saw our second attempt at starting the Insanity work out.  We managed 2 consecutive days the previous week before several family commitments saw us fail then this week we managed one day before both Si and myself fell ill.  It's hard enough to stand up without feeling exhausted but as soon as we are both clear of this nasty virus we plan to start again.  I plan to do a few posts about this once I've done more of the workouts, along with some other health stuff, but I can say I've seen small changes already, mostly to my mindset.  I've actually felt disappointed the days that I've not been able to do it, which sounds crazy to me as I'm quite anti-exercise (by this I mean lazy).  I feel like I actually want to do it because I enjoy it and I can feel it working my body.  I also notice that I've started to think more about the food I'm eating.  I'm still having the odd chocolate bar and haven't kicked my sugary soft drink habit but before I've been picking up food I've been considering what is in it and whether it's doing me any good.  There's no point going to all that effort the day before if you then just pump your body full of unhealthy junk.  More on this in the next few weeks!

Things on my mind recently have included our upcoming trip to Monaco.  We're only taking hand luggage and my brain is still struggling to comprehend how everything will fit into such a small case!  We're only there for 4 days but I'm not sure how I'm going to work it.  Any tips on travelling with just hand luggage will be gladly received!

I've also been pondering how to improve the composition of my blog photos.  They're not quite right at the moment and I don't feel like I have found my particular style yet but it's a work in progress.  I can sense lots of experimentation ahead.

Other than roasting a chicken for tea I plan on spending the rest of the day in bed scheduling blog posts and catching up on my Bloglovin' feed.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend however you end up spending it.


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin