All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 13 April 2014

Soap & Glory Girl-O-Whirl







I'm quite new to Soap & Glory and have only tried a few of their products so far but I've been really getting into their make up line recently.  It's mostly thanks to this Girl-O-Whirl set I bought in the post Christmas sales at an absolute bargain price of £12 (reduced from £40).  It contains no less than 16 different products plus 3 make up brushes so it serves pretty well as an introduction to the Soap & Glory make up line.


Starting from the top of the kit there are 6 shades of Lidstuff Eyeshadow.  It includes Vanilla, a pale matte cream; Wild Blue, a metallic teal blue; Smokin, a metallic black; Minky, a shimmery taupe; Dandy Plum, a metallic plum and Black Gold, a matte black.  I love the quality of these as they are non chalky and are so easy to blend together.  The pigmentation is also decent.  In this look I used Vanilla all over up to my brows, Minky on my lids and Dandy Plum in the outer corners, crease and along my lower lash line.

Just below these sit 6 shades of Supercolourfabulipstick (phew, what a mouthful) and they are all quite safe, wearable colours which would suit most skin tones.  The included shades are Naked Beige, Guava Rama, Red My Lips, Missing Pink, Perfect Day and Man Trap.  The formula is creamy and moisturising and the colour lasts well.  They also have the most delicious scent of sweet vanilla.  I chose Guava Rama for this look.

On either side sit a mascara and lip crayon.  To the left is Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara which I wasn't overly keen on at first.  The length of the wand is quite short and the brush is rather large which isn't really my thing.  I prefer long thin brushes as I can get right up to the roots of my lashes without accidentally stabbing myself in the eye!  After a bit of perseverance with this I've come to like the formula as one coat gives me quite good volume.

To the right is a Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist.  The formula is very similar, if not identical, to the lipsticks.  It has a creamy texture, the same gorgeous vanilla fragrance and has a pretty gloss finish.  It isn't long lasting but that doesn't seem to matter too much (any excuse to have another sniff of this!).  This is a perfect everyday shade for those days when you just want a hint of colour.

Down at the bottom there are two powders.  On the left is Solar Powder a dual shade bronzer.  The paler shade is quite shimmery, too much for me so I don't really use it.  The darker side however is perfect for contouring and warming up my face.  To the right is Glow All Out, a pink shimmery highlighter which I use primarily on my cheekbones.  These are my two favourite products from the set and the ones that I will definitely repurchase.

I think this is a fab set overall and I use it a lot more than I thought I would when I purchased it.  You can still get hold of this on sites such as Amazon and Ebay so if you're new to Soap & Glory like me then I think this is a really good way to try everything out before paying out for full sized products.



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. Hey!

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, find all the questions you need here!

    http://wink-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award-again.html

    Hannah xo

    Wink Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin