All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 5 April 2014

Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms




I'm not the worlds biggest fan of mushrooms.  There's nothing worse than slimy overdone fried mushrooms!  When Si popped some portobello mushrooms into our shopping trolley earlier in the week I had no idea of what I could do with them.  I'd never actually eaten one at this stage!  The suggestion was for cheese stuffed mushrooms, simple enough so last night I gave it a go.

To start with I browned half a medium brown onion in a knob of butter.  Meanwhile I removed the stalks from two portobello mushrooms, placed them flat side down on a tray and popped them under a medium grill for a couple of minutes.  I then flipped them over and put them back under the grill flat side up for another minute or two.


Into some grated cheese (around 100-150g) I mixed about a teaspoon of dried chives and set aside.  Removing the mushrooms from the grill I put half of the onion into each mushroom and topped generously with the cheese and chive mix.  Finally these went back under the grill for another couple of minutes until the cheese was golden brown on top.

For a first go I think these turned out pretty good and they did taste quite delicious.  The mushrooms stayed firm and juicy and, lets be honest, you can't beat a cheese/onion/chive combo!


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. thebeautyfeast5 April 2014 at 12:30

    You're welcome. I remember flicking through the brochures as a teen. So glad I've been reminded of how great their products can be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thebeautyfeast5 April 2014 at 12:30

    Yep, I have really sensitive eyes and their mascaras don't irritate my eyes at all :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin