All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Electra Lip Crayon






Other than nail polishes and the odd pot of dazzle dust I've never tried anything else by Barry M.  It was only recently whilst picking up the new pastel Gellys that I was looking for an extra product to take advantage of the buy one get one half price offer.  I spotted some lip crayons, which I'm really into trying at the moment, and this one was just jumping out at me.



I had no idea they had brought out lip crayons as part of the Gelly Hi Shine line so I was interested to see what they would be like and if they would be as glossy as their nail polish counterparts.  Electra is a super bright fuschia pink with blue undertones and not something I would normally pick up, but after I had swatched it on the back of my hand I was already in love.  It is so pretty and oh so bright on the lips.  It's quite a girly choice for me but I just know this is going to be waiting in my make up bag for the arrival of sunny days.  The formula is quite creamy so it feels moisturising on the lips and the finish is super glossy living up to the Hi Shine name.  Lasting power is average, the colour seemed to have a bit of a stain effect on my lips but to keep the glossy finish I did find myself reapplying after a few hours.  The only thing I'm not really keen on is the scent, it's quite a sickly sweet fragrance but luckily not too noticeable once the product is on the lips.

Don't forget I am running a giveaway here until the 14th April so take a look if you fancy winning one of these plus 3 pastel Gelly Hi Shine polishes.


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. This is a gorgeous colour! I was going to pick a couple of these up, but couldn't decide what colour! This one looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria Robinson10 April 2014 at 20:38

    I have been tempted to try these but I couldn't decide if I liked the texture on the back of my hand, I have to admit it does look lovely on so I might just have to pick one up on payday :)

    http://phoenixfaie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore Rosehip! :)


    Ellis - ellistuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellbent for Lipstick12 April 2014 at 20:11

    Sugar Apple is just gorgeous!

    Gem | Hellbentforlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin