All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 26 April 2014

Anzac Biscuits




I first tasted an Anzac biscuit about 2 years ago.  I was preparing myself for a year in Australia and Si introduced me to these crunch little biscuits.  I really didn't expect to like them as they contain desiccated coconut.  I'm not a huge fan of coconut but this is my least favourite form!  It turns out they are delicious, crunchy and sweet and go perfectly with a brew.  They're not very easy to get hold of over here and I've only ever seen them in one supermarket so I decided to have a bash at making my own.
I chose this recipe from Taste.com.au which is really easy and straight forward to follow.  Depending on how you like your biscuits you can change this up just by altering the amounts of sugar.  Check the notes section of the recipe and it will tell you how.  Following the recipe exactly will result in very tasty crunchy biscuits with a slight chewiness to them, just like mine above.  The dough will look extremely dry like it's going to crumble away to nothing but I promise it will work so don't add any more moisture to it.

Have you tried Anzac biscuits before?  I'd love to know what you think if you try these so please leave me a comment to let me know.


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin