All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation





In the past I've avoided foundations, mostly because in my teens and early twenties I generally had pretty good skin.  In the last year or so however I've felt it more necessary to even out my skin tone.  I have never wanted to put a heavy base on my face as I didn't want to be able to feel it on my skin all day.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is a perfect combination of lightweight texture and medium coverage.  Another thing I always look for in my make up is how easy this is to apply.  I can quickly and easily apply it with my hands to get the even coverage I want, which is fab considering that most of the time these days I seem to apply my make up on my commute to work (but those extra 10 minutes in bed though!).  I have tried it with my Real Techniques Face Brush with great results but I'm not sure there is any point dirtying a brush if I can get a good look from my hands.

My shade is True Ivory which is almost an exact match for my skin if ever so slightly on the dark side.  I love that it is very lightweight to the point that I forget it's on my face but it can still last a whole shift at work.  The only thing that bothers me is that it contains tiny little glittery particles which are the light reflecting anti-fatigue aspect of the product.  Whilst I do think it helps to brighten up my skin I worry that in sunlight I look like I should be a character in Twilight with a sparkly face.  Not that I have to worry about sunlight much in this miserable, damp country but I might consider switching in the summer in the hope of a sunny week or two!


Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin