All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Easy Minted Lamb Burgers





Lamb and mint is one of those perfect traditional food combinations.  I actually really like lamb however up until the last month or so I haven't been eating a whole lot of it.  Recently I've been making my own lamb burgers and have a very simple and tasty recipe which makes 4 small or 2 large patties.  I'm not huge on bread and tend to skip it when I can so, whilst Si likes his on a toasted bun with lettuce and cheese, I like to have mine with some white cheese (cheshire or wensleydale) crumbled over the top and served with lettuce and baked sweet potato.



Ingredients:

400g lamb mince
30g breadcrumbs
1 tbsp dried mint
salt and pepper
1 tbsp oil


Preheat the oven to 200C.

In a bowl combine the lamb, breadcrumbs, dried mint and a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. (I find it easier just to use my hands).

Divide mixture into 2 or 4 equally sized balls and flatten into a round burger shape.

Add the oil to a frying pan over a medium heat.  Fry each patty for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown then place on an oven tray.  Pop into the oven for 20 minutes turning once.

Serve on a toasted bun or with a salad.


It's such an easy, foolproof recipe, I guarantee you will have great tasting lamb burgers!

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin