All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes






A while ago I picked up two of the Scandaleyes products by Rimmel.  I was in desperate need of a decent mascara at a high street price and the Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (£6.99) seemed to fit the bill perfectly.  I've always been a fan of Rimmel and for a good few years I only ever used their eyeliners and mascaras.
The brush is an interesting 'hour glass' shape which is something I've never used before.  The centre of the brush is thinner meaning it fits the natural lash line like a glove and allows me to easily get right down to the roots of my lashes.  The finished effect is fairly good length however it didn't do much for me in the way of volume.  I generally apply two coats of this and it builds nicely with just a touch of clumping.  The only downside to it is that I find it starts to flake after a few hours of wear which never looks glamorous!  It's ok for everyday use but I already own much better mascaras so I will not be repurchasing this.

The second product I bought was the Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner (£5.49).  I'd seen this product a few times in Boots and thought it looked great.  As I'm a sucker for the winged liner look at the moment of course I had to!  The idea of the '3D' tip, which looks a bit like a mini marker pen, initially sounded like a brilliant idea however when I tried it I'm sad to say I was quite disappointed.  The tip is very rigid and it has sometimes been a struggle to get any product out of it.  Whilst I did manage to get a decent line it had almost completely dried out within a week of use causing the nib to drag and pull at the eyelid.  Not at all comfortable!  I'm afraid this is also something I will not be buying again.  I do hope they work on improving this however as the idea of it is something that I like.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin