All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 27 July 2013

What's On My Face #3



Lacura All In One Skin Perfector BB Cream 'Medium'  |  The Balm Blush 'Fratboy'  |  Jane Iredale 24 Karat Gold Dust 'Rose Gold'  |  Urban Decay Primer Potion 'Original'  |  Asda Eyeshadow Palette  |  Nouveau Lashes Noir Mascara  |  A La Carte Brow Ink 'Taupe'  |  Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick 'Smitten Red'




I planned to post this up last Saturday but I was too busy gallivanting around the Welsh coast on a lovely weekend away with Si.  I didn't get time to post it so I stashed it away for this week instead.  I'm not actually too keen on the look now, it's the eyeshadow which doesn't look right to me, but what the heck I've already done the photos so I may as well just use them.

I don't often enjoy using foundations so I'm not very adventurous with them.  If I find something I like and can use well I'll pretty much stick to it.  At the moment it's the Lacura All In One Skin Perfector BB Cream.  I'll admit it, I'm crap at using most foundations and this is the best fool-proof base that I've found in ages.  I can just slap it on with my hands where needed and it looks natural whilst giving just enough coverage.  Its only downside is that it is a bit on the oily side so it can feel really greasy sometimes, especially in the recent hot weather.

On my cheeks I popped on a bit of Fratboy by The Balm which is probably my favourite blush at the moment.  It's a lovely coral pink and I think it suits my tanned skin quite well.  I was heading out for fajita night at Si's parents house and just fancied a little extra something so I popped on a bit of Jane Iredale 24 Karat Gold Dust in Rose Gold.  This is immensely pigmented so I was very careful with it and just added a tiny bit over the top of Fratboy.  It's a pretty dusky rose pink with golden shimmer.

On my eyes I used a cheap shadow palette that I got from Asda a few Christmases ago.  It has a ton of different colours and although it was very cheap the quality actually isn't too bad.  I've been trying out some of the neutral shades in the last few weeks in various combinations.  I switched up my liner by trying out my Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink as an eyeliner.  It works so well and its fine tip allows me to get right up to the lashes and draw a line as thin (or thick) as I want.  It also doesn't budge all day so if you suffer from watering eyes this might be a good one for you to try out.  My brows and lashes are the usuals that I wear daily.

Finally on my lips I went for Avon Perfect Kiss Lipstick in Smitten Red.  I really love the berry red colour of this lipstick but didn't want to wear something quite that bright.  I decided to apply it by dabbing onto the lips with my finger rather than straight from the bullet to give a subtle wash of colour.


7 comments

  1. Your eye shadow is blended beautifully, I wish I had those skills:)

    Just thought I'd tell you that I love your blog and am now following on GFC xx

    - www.thatszoeblog.com & an ASOS giveaway currently on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) It's always so lovely to hear that people enjoy my blog. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. That lipstick looks lovely! It really suits you :)
    Found you through #bbloggers chat :)

    Elise Dopson | Beauty, lifestyle and fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. the eyeshadow palette looks amazing, so many colours! ive been wanting to try frat boy blush out for aaaages, and want to even more now! love your blog url btw;)

    found your blog through the #bbloggers blog hop! love it, followed :)

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The palette turned out to be amazing value in the end and the colours in it are really pretty. Frat Boy is super, I highly recommend giving it a go!

    Thanks for reading and following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products! They look beautiful on you!

    So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Check mine out as well when you get a chance :)

    Meagan
    chicisthenewblack.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin