All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Kiko Ready-To-Go Patch Nail Lacquer



I recently discovered an app on my iPod called Depop, which is basically just an easy way to buy and sell using your iPhone/iPad/iPod.  As far as I know it's only available on Apple devices but I'm hoping they will soon extend availability to the Android market so I can have it on my phone too.  I treated myself to 3 packs of nail wraps that fashion and beauty blogger +Jess from Copper Garden was selling.  I love trying out different nail products and after Nail Rock's wraps a whirl I fancied giving some other brands a go.

One of the packs I bought were these totally in your face Kiko Ready-To-Go Fluo Patch Nail Lacquer in hot pink.  I think I underestimated just how bright these were going to be, they literally just glow!  These strips are are a 3 in 1 product that combines your base coat, colour and top coat together in one layer so there's no need to faff around with any extra products when you use these. The application did take some getting used to so I did have a few mess ups.  Nothing too noticeable but there nonetheless.  By the time I got round to my second hand I think I had pretty much nailed the technique though (excuse the really bad pun!).


I misjudged the sizing on my index finger and you can see the slight tip wear after 5 days. (apologies for the crap rushed late night photos!)



Each pack contains 2 lots of nail strips in 8 different sizes which are sealed in a foil packet.  The application sounds simple enough but, like I said, does take a bit of practice to eliminate any creases or air bubbles.  I like that they have recognised that not everyone has the same shaped nail beds so either end of the strips are a slightly different shape.  One is a little more square and the other slightly more rounded.

I think these are great for those moments when time is of the essence and you need to get your nails done super quickly.  It literally took me 15 minutes and if I hadn't been dithering around with the instructions I probably could have applied these in less than 10.  There is no drying time at all.  Once you have rubbed the strip onto your nails you can carry on with your day without the worry of messing up your freshly done manicure and they do actually look exactly like normal nail polish rather than plastic stickers.

Kiko say they can last up to 14 days and I managed 5 days of wear with just a tiny bit of tip wear before I had to take these up (I started my new job on Monday, hurray!).  They have a few different colours and designs on the website and these hot pink ones are currently on sale for £2.90 which is 50% off the usual price.  I'd probably give them a go for that price and would probably pay the full price if they did last for a full two weeks.  These would be great to have tucked away with my polish stash in case of future polish emergencies!

Have you tried these strips before?  What do you think of nail strips/wraps in general, are they a yes or a no?


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin