All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 8 July 2013

Illamasqua Freak Eau De Parfum


I know this isn't a new product but it's been something that I've been absolutely loving recently.  Going through my beauty stash I came across this sample of Illamasqua's Freak fragrance, which I think came in a Glossybox at the end of 2011.  I really like this so I thought I would do a quick post about it.


It's a completely unique concept for a fragrance, at least I personally haven't seen anything like this, which is a blend of exotic and unusual flowers.  Now I usually go for floral or fruity fragrances and although this does contain a lot of floral aspects it is unlike anything I already own.  I find it really interesting to smell and quite addictive too.  When I wear it I can't resist periodically having a whiff of it on my wrist throughout the day.  The ingredients sound very intriguing, here's the description from the Illamasqua website:

Top:  Black Davana, Opium Flower, Belladonna
Heart:  Poison Hemlock, Datura, Queen of the Night Blossom
Base:  Frankincense, Oud, Myrrh

This is basically the sexy evil twin of my usual daytime fragrance!  Initially I thought this would become my go to evening fragrance but you know what,  as it's not overpowering I think its more than appropriate for day time wear too.  It smells gorgeous and as you can see in the photo I'm down to the last drop of my sample.  There is no doubt that I will own a full sized bottle soon and it is right at the top of my perfume shopping list (when I am actually able to start treating myself again).
You can pick this up from Illamasqua at £59 for a 75ml bottle.


1 comment

  1. I do think it's rather expensive for a non designer perfume - although the ingredients are intriguing! Especially since half of them are poisonous plants.

    Must need to get a spray of it at least..

    thanks for the review!

    Simply Woman Magazine

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin