All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink


In the past I was never really a brow person but a few months ago I noticed that in a lot of old photos my brows quite often looked a bit lost and it wasn't a very good look!  I do pluck my brows but as they are naturally quite thin I just do the minimum shaping and stray brow removal.  I don't think I've ever used anything on my brows until I recently rediscovered this whilst going through my stash.





Cosmetics A La Carte Brow Ink is a semi-permanent ink which can be used on brows, as an eyeliner or even for creating temporary body art.  I received this in one of my Carmine boxes from 2011 and it was just tossed aside pretty much immediately.  This is in the shade 'Taupe', which is a medium brown, and I didn't really think it was a colour that would suit me so I just never bothered.

It's a pen type product with a long, thin felt tip style tip which is great for getting a natural full look. It's really easy to use by simply using short light strokes to create hair like lines to fill out your brows.  I wasn't too sure about this at first but I gave it a go just to see what it looked like.  As someone who has never filled in my brows ever before I found this incredibly easy to use.  It is very easy to control the nib and the fine tip allows you to work accurately to quickly get your desired look.

I really like this and I've been using it everyday.  It doesn't smudge and will stay put all day and night but is easily removed with your usual cleanser or make up remover.  I'm in two minds whether it's slightly to light for me but I think I can pull it off ok.  Although this works really well and is now part of my everyday make up routine I'm not sure it's worth the £22 price tag.  I think I need to go on a hunt for a similar product at a more reasonable price.
This is available in 3 colours (blonde, taupe and sable) and you can pick this up from the Cosmetics A La Carte website.


2 comments

  1. This sounds great, I've never tried a brow pen like this but would love to! I don't think it looks too light on you it looks like the perfect shade judging from the picture :) new follower here! x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and following :)
      It's such a nice product and so easy to use. I highly recommend giving it a go or trying something similar.

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin