All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 12 July 2013

Decleor Phytopeel Natural Exfoliating Cream


I love the feel of freshly exfoliated skin and try to do it once a week to help keep my skin looking healthy.  I've tried quite a few different exfoliating products but a lot of the time I find them too harsh for my sensitive skin, particularly around my cheek area.  These days I actively try to avoid the products with the little synthetic beads in as I find them the most harsh.



Decleor Phytopeel Natural Exfoliating Cream is really different to anything I've ever used before.  It's a thick white pearlescent cream that is more like a mask than an exfoliator.  


This is very simple to use.  Apply a layer of the cream all over the face avoiding the eye area and leave for a few minutes to dry and as it does it starts to go from white to translucent.   It dries pretty quickly and was already half dry by the time I took this photo.

Once it's dried massage gently in circles all over the face.  As you start to rub the dried cream starts to flake off taking dead skin with it leaving the face feeling fresh and renewed.  I recommend doing this stage whilst leaning over the sink to catch the product as it flakes off the skin!  I nearly included a photo of the removal process but I thought it might look a bit gross!  :)

The last step is to wash any remaining product off with warm water or toner on cotton wool pads, pat dry and moisturise.

I really like this because it's so gentle compared to other exfoliators so I can happily use it all over my face without experiencing any discomfort.  I do get a slight feeling of tightness but this is easily sorted by applying some moisturiser.  I tend to use this in the evening once a week and apply Clarins Extra Firming Night Cream afterwards.

Did I mention it smells really good?  The scent is incredibly pleasant and relaxing.  I usually hate the smell of lavender because in my opinion companies seem to go a bit over the top and put way too much in.  This is just right though and makes for a very relaxing experience.

The price for a 50ml tube is £27.50 which sounded a lot at first but really it's practically a 2-in-1 product as it feels like a clay mask too.  My tube is sample sized at 15ml but has lasted me over a month of once a week applications.  I think I could maybe get another 2 applications out of it yet so actually I think the full size would work out to be quite good value.  It's probably the most gentle and effective exfoliator I've ever used and I love that it doesn't leave my face feeling stripped.  I think it's very likely this will go on to my shopping list.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin