All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 28 June 2013

Review: Cargo Lip Gloss


 





Sorry, another lip product today!  Normally I don't often wear lipsticks or glosses but as I may have mentioned before I've started to get into them more and more recently.  So the other day I was having a route around for something I hadn't tried before.  I pulled out this mini lip gloss by Cargo, a brand I don't really know much about, in the shade 'Paris'.  I haven't tried any of their products before and had received this in one of my Glossyboxes last year so I thought I would give this one a whirl.

Now I must confess there are two reasons why I have taken so long to try this one.  First of all, I don't particularly like glosses.  I always assume they are going to be disgustingly sticky!  There really is nothing worse than smearing a thick, ticky tacky gloss on your lips only to get all of your hair sticking to your mouth... yuk!  I just can't abide that at all!  Secondly I wasn't blown away by the colour, it simply didn't seem to be me.  I still wasn't feeling it when I tried it but thought what the hell lets just give it a try.

I'm actually glad that I did in the end.  It's a powder pink with a subtle shimmer and really not something I would have chosen for myself.  It actually goes on relatively sheer so you just get a pretty wash of pink colour over the lips.  This gloss is really shiny and not very sticky at all so I really do like this.  Cargo describe this as a long lasting gloss which they say will last up to 6 hours.  I haven't worn this for longer than a couple of hours to be honest so I don't know if that's true.  I can say that it lasted very well for the 2 hours I did wear this.

I'm quite impressed with this so I'd probably consider picking up another one but I think I would go for something with a bit more pigmentation and perhaps a darker shade next time to see how it compares.

At the moment the full size lip glosses from Cargo are in the sale over at Beauty Bay for £6.75 (normally £7.50).

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin