All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 27 June 2013

Review: Robert Piguet Perfumes


Something a little different for todays post.  I have 3 Robert Piguet fragrances which I recieved samples of last year (or the year before) in one of my beauty boxes.  I love perfume and I'm quite picky about what perfumes I'll wear.  I have a particular type and I don't stray away from those very often.  I love fresh, fruity and floral fragrances as they make me feel all pretty and feminine.


Top notes:  geranium, mandarin
Mid:  Bulgarian rose, orris butter, rose centifolia
Base:  patchouli, amber, suede

Described as a 'bewitching and romantic' fragrance with a 'mesmerising mix of fiery and lush florals'.  The description certainly seems accurate to me.  It is deep and sensual whilst remaining feminine and floral.  I quite like this even though it is a little richer than my usual fragrances.  It's definitely not something I would wear during the day, personally I'd find it a bit overpowering but for evenings out I'd consider this as it does smell quite luxurious to me.


Top:  Bergamot, mandarin
Mid:  tuberose, jasmine, gardenia
Base:  musk, sandalwood

Lighter than the other two fragrances, this is definitely more my style.  It's pretty, feminine and floral which is everything I look for.  It smells quite sweet, but not in a sickly way, and gives the sense of walking through a flowering cottage garden in spring.


Visa
Top:  bergamot, pear, ylang
Mid:  rose, peach
Base:  vanilla, sandalwood

I hated this at first!  My first thoughts were 'urgh, old lady perfume!'  But you know what?  This actually develops a rather delicious fruity scent which I just love!  As with Calypso I find this wouldn't be light enough for me personally to wear during the day and so it would be reserved for nights out and special occasions.


I wasn't hooked on any of these straight away but they are quite intricate fragrances and, like any decent fragrance should in my opinion, the scent develops as you wear it.  You can buy these and other Robert Piguet fragrances from House of Fraser for £75 / 50ml or £110 / 100ml.  I wouldn't normally pay so much for a perfume and although I do like these I don't love them so I doubt I would buy them myself.  I will say that, whilst I know very little about Robert Piguet as a brand, these fragrances smell very luxurious and expensive and it definitely seems like they use the best ingredients.  They have good lasting power, when I tried these I could smell each one for the majority of the day, so if you try and love one of these I would say they would be a great buy.  I would certainly look forward to trying out some of the other scents to see if there was one which is more me.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin