All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 28 June 2013

June Favourites



I love reading favourites posts, mostly because I'm nosey but also because it's fun to see what kind of products other bloggers have been using on a regular basis.  It's a great way to get some good recommendations.  I thought I'd give it a go myself so here are my most loved products from June.  I've been enjoying digging right in to my old favourites that I left at home whilst I was off on my travels and there are quite a few things that I've been missing.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
This is one of the best products I have ever used on my hair.  I noticed a difference from the first time  I used it.  My hair is generally fine and dry but this makes my hair feel softer, look shinier and it just seems more healthy overall.  It's very easy to use, simply massage the cream through damp hair and leave for up to 20 minutes before rinsing and washing hair as normal.  It doesn't have a scent which I love as it means there is nothing to conflict with the scent of my shampoo and conditioner.  It's a little on the expensive side but it does wonders for my hair so it's completely worth it and I will keep repurchasing this forever.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing Scrub
I just love, love, love this but it might not be everyones cup of tea.  It's a coconut oil based sea salt scrub which smells completely amazing thanks to the essential oils in it.  The scent is a wonderful fresh and zesty citrus.  I use this about once a week to give my skin a bit of a pamper.  Before having a shower I stand in the bath and rub this all over my skin before rinsing off.  The coarse sea salt exfoliates whilst the oil base moisturises.  The only downer with this is that it does leave an oily layer on the skin.  Even after using shower gel I still feel a bit slippery but once I'm out of the shower and towel dried it isn't actually that bad and my skin feels really soft.

Garnier Summer Body Lotion
If you read my blog often you will know that I have just returned from a year in Australia so I have a pretty wicked tan at the moment.  I'm quite terrified of losing it too soon so I've been using this gradual tan body lotion to keep my skin looking as bronzed as possible.  I actually bought this before I went to Australia when my skin was a much lighter colour so I bought the light version.  I could probably do with the darker version now really so once this has run out I think I'll pick one up.  It's working well as I've noticed my white bits and tan lines have been looking noticeably less white.  It is also a fabulous moisturiser and keeps my skin so soft throughout the day.  The only thing I don't like about this is the smell as it has a noticeable tanning lotion smell to it.  It's still a nice product though so I can deal with that for the results I get.

Coral Nail Polishes
This is so unlike me as I used to hate anything coral coloured but this summer I can't get enough of it. I'm 100% sure this is simply because it looks so awesome against tanned skin which for once I actually have right now.  The polish I've been obsessing about this month is from a Strictly Come Dancing gift set called Lambada.  It's absolutely perfect!  I wrote a review of it here if you would like to see swatches.

Fearne Loose Eyeshadows
I love this range by Fearne Cotton which is sold in Boots every Christmas.  I always make a point of picking a few pieces up during the festive season taking advantage of the 3 for 2 offer.  These particular eyeshadows were from the 2011 range and came in a set with a few other colours.  These 2 are hands down my favourites from the set and I use them an awful lot.  These are 2 of just 4 shadows that I took to Australia with me and I pretty much used them exclusively.  They are really nice quality and I love how easy they are to blend to give me a neutral look.  I know I could rave about these all day but I'm planning an in depth review very soon so I will save all of my gushing for then!

New CID i-pout Light Up Lipstick in Pink Bliss
I wrote a review on this lipstick earlier in the week (here) so I won't go into too much detail here.  Basically I really love this colour.  I'm pushing myself to wear more lipstick and, as I haven't worn anything on my lips for the majority of my life, I sometimes feel immensely self concious if I try to do a bold lip colour during the day.  This shade works really nicely with my complexion and whilst it looks obvious that I'm wearing a lip colour it's not too bright and in-your-face.

Avon Colour Trend Lollipop Lip Balm
This was just in a drawer waiting for me to use when one day I found myself in need of a quick lip balm fix.  I don't know why I haven't used this before because it smells absolutely scrumptious!  I literally want to bite into this every time I put this on.  I don't think there has been a day this month that I haven't picked this up to use it.


Well that was a bit more wordy than intended but hopefully it was somewhat interesting!

Do we share any favourite products or can you recommend a product from your favourites for me to try?


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin