All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 16 June 2013

NOTD: Leighton Denny Astronaughty








This is such an unusual colour.  I don't even know how to describe this colour to be honest.  If you check it out on the Leighton Denny website looks and sounds like a completely different polish to the real thing!  Their product shot is a much darker purple (it looks more like rebel to me) and their description of an 'intense plum with sizzling red shimmer' is completely inaccurate.  Nevertheless it is beautiful to look at!  So, with my mothers help, I decided that a more apt description would be dusky pink or antique rose with a coppery undertone.

Here I am wearing 2 coats of Astronaughty on top of my previous manicure of Cookies & Cream by Ciate (3 coats).  I decided to layer this because it is quite a sheer polish and I wanted full coverage but couldn't be bothered applying too many layers (lazy, I know).  I already had the Ciate polish on and they seemed to compliment each other very well.

Now to explain what is going on with my ring fingers.  A  couple of days ago I had been rocking the caviar manicure look (see this post) on my ring fingers and once all of the micro-beads had come off I was left with tiny little dents in my polish which I quite liked.  I thought it would look very cool with this polish over the top and, well, I freaking love it.  It kind of looks like hammered metal to me (like this if you're not sure what I mean) thanks to the coppery tones of the polish.  Now I just need to find a way to do this without having to do the beads first.  Ideas??

Anyway, on to the formula.  It's quite runny just like all of the other Leighton Denny polishes that I've tried.  I actually find that it makes application a little easier but, as I mentioned earlier, I do think that it makes it more on the sheer side.  It seemed to take quite a while to dry which is rubbish for me as I always forget and end up putting dints all over my fingernails.

Astronaughty by Leighton Denny is from the 2011 A/W Atmospheric collection and costs £11

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin