All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 15 June 2013

Ciate Cookies And Cream Caviar Manicure



I've been dying to try the Ciate 'Caviar Manicure' for ages so when I saw that Marie Claire were giving away mini sets with their magazine this month of course I had to grab one.  The set includes one 5ml polish and 10g of their teeny tiny pearls.



The polish 'Cookies And Cream' is a lovely beige nude which I think looks so pretty and elegant.  I don't often wear nude colours so this is a nice change for me and as I'm currently looking for work I think this is a good 'job safe' colour for attending interviews.  The formula is really nice but for £9 a go  for the full size it should be.  I applied 3 coats for this manicure and it went on evenly and smoothly. Dry time was fairly quick too.


The caviar aspect of the set is the colour 'Shooting Star' which is such a pretty mix of gold, champagne and iridescent pearls.  They all work very well together and it compliments the polish perfectly.  The application is actually pretty simple.  Apply your base colour then a top coat and sprinkle the pearls over the top.  Pat gently to help secure them to the nail and allow them to dry.


I'm wearing this as an accent on my ring fingers and I really like the finished look.  I definitely feel it would be too much to wear this on every nail.  As much as I like this it's definitely a short term look and I found that some of the beads started to come off around the edges on the second day.  I love the elegant colour, I mean wouldn't this be the perfect mani for someone attending a wedding this season? The quality of the polish impressed me too and Ciate have some really pretty colours that I've been adding to my wish list!

However no matter how much I like this look I do think the full sets are a little on the pricey side.  The full sized caviar manicure sets retail at £18.  If you're interested in giving it a go I'd recommend picking up a copy of this months Marie Claire for just £2.50.

Have you tried the caviar manicure yet?

4 comments

  1. Oooh I love Cookies and Cream! Got this freebie too but I'm yet to try the pearls. They look lovely in your pics. I've tried the pearls in other shades before and you're right they don't last long...I usually use them for a special night out or something now. Good luck on the job hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's a really gorgeous set but yes, definitely for special occasions. I wish it lasted longer!

      Delete
  2. I love all the caviar manicures, you can be as creative with colours and designs as you like. I prefer it when it's as you've got it with just one accent nail. Gorgeous!

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite fun to play around with! I definitely agree that it looks best as an accent than a full manicure.

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin