All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 21 June 2013

New CID i-gloss Coconut Ice Light Up Lip Gloss

 

 





I hadn't heard of New CID Cosmetics until early 2012 when I received a couple of products in one of the beauty boxes I was subscribed to.  One of the products I received was an i-gloss in the shade Coconut Ice.  It's quite an interesting product which includes a mirror on the side of the packaging and a light inside the lid.
The packaging is quite classy looking in general with a silver and white colour scheme.  The lid twists off to reveal the wand with a small thin brush.  When you open the product the light is supposed to come on automatically however, sadly, my lights don't work.  On one side of the product there is a mirror which I think is genius and I wish more lip products had a mirror on the side of them.  So the idea behind it is that you can pop this in your handbag and use it where ever you are day or night.

I have to admit when I saw the colour I was a bit disappointed.  It's a very pale peachy colour with a gold shimmer which isn't very me at all.  Once applied I was really surprised to see it didn't look at all as I had expected.  It gave a pretty wash of nude colour with a subtle gold shimmer and actually I quite like it.  I think it could look nice layered over other lipsticks so I will certainly be having a play around with it.  I don't particularly enjoy wearing lip glosses because they are usually so sticky but this isn't very sticky at all.  The consistency isn't too thick and lasts for a couple of hours before needing to be touched up, which I'd say is fairly reasonable for a gloss.

My initial reaction was to toss this to one side to give away to someone else, however now I've tried it I'm not so sure that I want to hand it over.  New CID i -glosses are available in several different colours and sell for £16.50 on their website or £16 with free delivery on Feel Unique.



Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin