All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 23 February 2013

Review: Nouveau Lashes Noir Mascara








Naked eyelashes. 

1 coat of Nouveau Lashes Noir Mascara. 



Mascara is one of my staple make up products and one of two items that I very rarely leave the house without wearing (eyeliner of course being the second).  Just like many other beauty product enthusiasts I have tried countless different mascaras.  They all make their promises, whether it be adding length, volume or both and usually I find that they're ok but overall just a bit blah and nothing at all amazing.  Before trying Nouveau Lashes Noir Mascara I had only ever tried drugstore brands, my most recent regular mascara being Rimmel's Glam Eyes which I found good for everyday use.

I received Noir Mascara in a Glossybox, if I remember correctly it would have been the December 2011 box.  I was really impressed with this from the start with the packaging looking quite sleek and upmarket.  The tube feels quite solid and has a nice weight to it and it comes in a box rather than a blister pack which I like.  The brush is wider in the middle than the ends and is the perfect size for my eyes allowing me to apply the mascara very quickly.  The bristles grip my eyelashes well to give them and even coat free of any clumps.  The consistency is also really good, wet but it still dries rapidly.

If you want volume then admittedly this is not for you, but it does give fantastic length whilst giving a nice curl to lashes.  I usually only apply one coat of this because the downfall of it drying so quickly is that attempting to add a second or third coat can result in a slightly clumpy look.  It's lasting power is phenomenal!  I'm going to be really bad here and admit that on a few occassions I 'forget' to take off my make up because I'm a bit lazy and I end up sleeping in it.  When I wake up this mascara looks immaculate!  Absolutely no flaking or smudging, yet it removes very easily with make up remover.

If you are looking for a long lasting, waterproof mascara which will add lots of length then I can't recommend this enough.  Noir Mascara is available to buy from the Nouveau Lashes website and costs £14.99.

What is your all time favourite everyday mascara?


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin