All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 3 March 2013

Review: Organic Care Colour Shield Shampoo & Conditioner




I've been really impressed with products by Natures Organics in the last few months.  You might remember a few weeks ago I reviewed their Wild Berry shampoo and conditioner, which not only smell amazing but also left my hair looking glossy and feeling soft.  To go off topic slightly I also wanted to mention their Blast dishwashing liquids which are the most delicious smelling washing up liquids ever!  If they made the Zesty Citrus one into a perfume I would wear it, seriously it is that good!  I'm actually considering taking a bottle of this back to the UK! (to use for washing up not perfume! ^_^ )

But anyway, back to the review!  I'm going to admit here to having a horrifically large patch of grey hair right on top of my head, so of course I need to colour my hair about every 4 weeks to stop myself from looking like an old lady!  For this reason it is really important that I use a shampoo for colour treated hair.  At the moment I have been using Organic Care Colour Shield shampoo and conditioner.

These don't smell as good as the wild berry ones but it isn't a bad smell so I don't mind that.  The shampoo lathers nicely in my hair and doesn't strip colour out.  I've found that even with some other brands of colour protecting shampoos I still see the colour coming out into the lather but I haven't noticed that with this one.

The star for me again is the conditioner, but I am a little obsessed with finding good conditioners for my dry hair.  It is a good consistency, neither too thick or too runny, which makes it a dream to work through my hair.  I always try to leave my conditioner on for as long as possible whilst I finish showering and then wash it off right before I get out of the shower.  The difference is noticeable and my hair feels amazingly soft but most importantly it hasn't faded my hair colour.

I've been alternating every other wash between this and the wild berry and, whilst my hair isn't in perfect condition, it certainly feels like it's the best condition it has been in for the last 12 months.  I highly recommend these for any Australian readers with colour treated hair.  They are also a bargain at just $3.71 each for 400ml from Woolworths!  It would be great to see these make their way across to the UK.

On a final note I thought it would be worth mentioning that Natures Organics are extremely environmentally conscious.  They do their best to produce products which have minimal negative effect on the environment.  Their ingredients are not tested on animals and they try to use as few chemicals as possible, favouring plant based wherever possible.  The packaging is made of a biodegradable, compostable plant based material too so they really are doing as much as possible to be eco-friendly.

Have you tried any Natures Organics products and is it important that the products you use are eco-friendly?

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin