All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 7 February 2013

L'Oreal Colour Appeal Trio Pro Eyeshadow

Hey guys, first beauty post in a long, long time!  It's been a very difficult week for me and I'll be honest, I haven't felt like blogging at all but it's helping me keep my mind off the difficulties I'm facing right now.

Anyway, it's my first review in a while and I have this fab little trio of eyeshadows to review.  The idea behind the Colour Appeal trios is that each one contains 3 shades that work together to enhance certain eye colours.  I have the trio in 409 Forever Rosewood which is for green eyes.  My eyes are kind of a weird colour and I honestly don't know what colour to class them as because they seem to be a mix of both blue and green.


 


The packaging is simple and classy (sorry, mine is a little battered).  Inside the lid is a little compartment that stores a sponge applicator.


The shadows are in three different shades of pink which are all very nicely pigmented with a pretty shimmer finish.  It contains a light powdery pink, a dusky pink and a deeper plum pink.  They have a really nice silky texture to them and I found them quite easy to work with.


I really love the lightest colour as a highlighting shade and I thought the darkest pink suited my skin tone well.  These colours are quite me at the moment as I'm enjoying using more neutral and subdued colours so I'm sure I'll be reaching for this trio quite a bit in the future.  I wasn't as keen on the medium shade and thought it made my eyes look a bit on the sore side so I'm not sure I'll be using that one very often.  As for the question of it enhancing my eye colour, I did think it brought out the green in my eyes a lot more than usual so if you're looking for something subtle to make your green eyes pop I'd recommend giving this one a go.

Have you tried using eyeshadows to enhance your eye colour?


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin