All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 18 February 2013

Lacura Cleansers


Usually I don't need anything heavy duty to clean my face as I generally have dry, sensitive skin.  I can pretty much just use my beloved Taaj Micellar Water on cotton pads to remove daily dirt.  Here in Australia it's a completely different story!  The heat and humidity has made my skin more greasy and congested so I need something aimed more towards oily skin to keep my face lovely and fresh.

I wouldn't normally buy my beauty products from Aldi but these two cleansers have been a god send!  My backpackers budget just doesn't stretch far enough to justify spending $10+ here, where beauty products can cost up to 50% more than the same item in the UK!




I picked up the Fine Balance Foaming Cleansing Gel when I ran out of my Taaj Micellar Water.  It's for normal skin and I wouldn't usually pick up something for that skin type but with the increase in oil and sweat I thought it would probably be ok for me.  It's great to use, only a small amount is needed as it lathers up quite nicely.  I gently massage all over my face and neck before rinsing off with a few splashes of water.  Afterwards it does leave my skin feeling a little tight but moisturising cream sorts that out no problem.

I also needed something to exfoliate my face as the extra sweat and oil seemed to be clogging up my pores a little.  I do usually like to use an exfoliant on my face to help look fresh but in the UK it was just occasional, perhaps once a week if that.  Here I definitely need it more often.  I bought a tube of Lacura's Purify Exfoliating Wash and use this about 2-3 times a week as part of my evening routine.  It contains tiny little beads to exfoliate the skin and I do find these a bit harsh on my skin so I am extremely gentle when I use this and only apply it onto the areas of my face that need it, such as my forehead, chin and nose.  I always notice a difference if I don't use this every couple of days so I can say that this works a treat for me however I find the little beads bothersome to wash of... it usually takes me ages to wash them all off!

They both work great so if you don't like to spend a lot on beauty products or find your budget is limited then I would recommend giving these a try.  In Australia these are priced at just $3.99 each for 150ml which seems like an absolute bargain here.  I don't know if Aldi sell these in the UK as I can't see them on the website, if anyone knows leave me a comment!


4 comments

  1. Nice review Jen ! We don't have them available in India :(
    I am your new followers. Would love it if you can follow me back.

    Hina xx
    http://beautywidbrainz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Such a shame that you can't get these in India :( Thanks for sharing your blog, you have some great posts!

      Delete
  2. Fab post, I love reading about bargain beauty and have fancied giving these a go for a while.

    Also, thank you for following my blog, I have followed you back and look forward to more posts! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend giving these a try as they're such great value. Thanks for the follow, I enjoy reading your blog :)

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin