All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 2 March 2012

February's Glossybox

February contents:




Venom Gloss plumps up lips and adds shine and subtle colour.  I really like the tingling sensation when I apply this to my lips.  The colour isn't something I would have chosen myself but it is a very pretty, neutral colour which actually looks good on me.  I hadn't really heard of DuWop before trying this but it impressed me enough to make me go and look at the website and I now have a healthy list of their products that I would love to try.


This is a multi use 18 in 1 'magic soap'.  It's many uses include as a body wash, for laundry and even as a gentle toothpaste!  It has no scent at all and it's the only item in the box that I just don't like.  So this one is getting tossed into my stuff-I'll-never-use box until I find someone else will! 


Apply this treatment to damp hair.  It smooths and constricts the hair shaft which helps hair dry quicker and contains moisturising ingredients to keep hair hydrated.  My hair is just shorter than shoulder length and not very thick so it doesn't normally take too long to dry anyway.  However I still noticed a reduction in the amount of drying time after using this.  It also left my hair feeling nice and soft. 


At first glance this little clear tub of eyeshadow looked a bit crappy. Until i opened it and tried it! The colour is a lovely shimmery dark grey and I love the name of it - 'platinum tiara'. It feels as soft as silk and blended really nicely so I'll definitely be checking more of these out to see what other colours are on offer. The size of this sample is pretty generous really so plenty to keep me going for a while.



Invigorating is a very good way to describe this body lotion!  I could smell the dreaded lavender in this straight away, but its saviour is the peppermint and eucalyptus essential oils.  You can really feel the freshness from the peppermint when it's rubbed into the skin.  Perfect to use in the morning to awaken skin.


The box looked a bit empty when I opened it but I like 4 out of 5 products so no disappointment here!

I've read so many complaints about Glossybox recently and I do wonder why some people sign up to this kind of service!  Personally I signed up to discover new products and brands that either I haven't heard of before or wouldn't necessarily have chosen to try myself.  It's all about exploration and experimentation for me.  Some of the products have been things that I have wanted to try but not wanted to pay out the full price in case it turned out I didn't like them.  I've discovered products that I now can't live without and others that don't live up to the hype around them.

I can't understand the people who say they won't try anything in the box.  What is the point?  If you already know what you like and aren't willing to try something new then take your £12.95 and go buy the things you will use!  There are times when I know I just don't have a use for something, for example the Dr Bronners soap in this box, but I do try to keep an open mind about everything otherwise I feel like I have wasted my money.  Of course I won't like everything but there's no harm in giving them a try!
Anyway, that's just my opinion.  Rant over!  ^_^

Are you a Glossybox subscriber?  What have your thoughts been on the last few boxes?  Are you looking forward to the Harrods themed box this month?

Jen
xoxo

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin