All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 5 February 2012

Losing My Lush Virginity!

Yes, it's true!  Up until 10 days ago I was a Lush virgin!  I've walked past Lush shops in the past and the smell is always amazing yet I hadn't actually stepped foot inside to explore.  One of my best friends, on the other hand, is a complete Lush devotee and it's thanks to her that I'm turning into a total Lushie myself!

As it was my birthday last month I decided to treat myself to a few (!!) products.

I love using face masks and the feel of my skin afterwards so I knew I needed to try one from Lush.  The one that suited my skin type best was Oatifix (£5.75 / 75g).  This contains lots of loveliness such as oats (of course!), mashed bananas and ground almonds. It smells so delicious just like porridge and it's so tempting to have a little nibble! It has a nice thick texture and, as you need to store it in the fridge to keep it fresh, it's cool and soothing when applied.  It's just right for my dry and very sensitive skin leaving it super soft, although as with almost every face mask I've tried I can't apply it to my amazingly sensitive cheeks!

Oatifix Fresh Face Mask



Mmm, looks like breakfast!!

Lovely thick, creamy texture

Sweetie Pie (£2.95 / 100g, £5.95 / 240g) is quite a unique product and one of those things that I needed to try as soon as I saw it.  I mean who wouldn't?  It's purple, packed full of glitter, smells soooo good and is a jelly that you can use in the shower or bath.  See?? I bet you totally want some now!  :)  It's scented with cherry and cassis which smells great and I love that the scent stays on my skin for quite a long time.


Sweetie Pie Bath & Shower Jelly




I actually bought Each Peach Massage Bar (£5.25 / 65g) to use just as a body moisturiser.  I loved the zesty, citrus scent of this one, although it was quite hard to choose between the different bars.  After showering and drying I simply rub the bar over my entire body and then gently massage into my skin.  I hold the bar between my hands for a few seconds first to warm it up so that it glides smoothly over my skin.  I'm left with silky smooth moisturised skin and the scent lasts for ages.


I love trying out any product for hands and nails so Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter (£5.95 / 50g) was a must buy for me.  It smells very yummy and lemony.  Just a tiny dab on each finger is enough so these 50g should last a good amount of time. Simply rub gently into each cuticle and nail.  I'm trying to remember to use this as often as possible but the tub is too large to carry around.  It would have been much better if this was sold in lip balm size pots making it more handbag friendly.  Luckily for me I have a small spare empty pot which I plan to fill so I can carry a small amount around with me.  I also love that this can be used on other areas of dry skin such as heels.



Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£4.95 / 25g) is a gorgeous bright pink and smells amazing!  I always suffer badly from chapped lips in the winter so this is a real treat.  It only takes a small amount gently massaged onto my lips followed by a slick of Figs & Rouge Balm to leave them feeling soft.  My favourite part is licking off the excess scrub once I'm done... mmm sugary!  :)


It does actually look this scrumptious in real life too!  ^_^

I don't wear a lot of lipstick or lip gloss but I really loved the shade of A Million Kisses Lip Tint (£4.95 / 10g).  In the shop I tried a bit on the back of my hand and it actually stayed there for a few hours, even after trying to rub it off.  I haven't really worn it much so far but it looks great on.  The shop assistant told us they had found it pretty much suits everyone and I'm pleased that it is true for me.  I guess I should have taken a picture to show what it looks like!  It is rose scented, a scent that i very much like.


I love all of the products I purchased and look forward to trying out more in the future.  What is your favourite product from Lush?  What do you recommend I try next?

Jen
xoxo

4 comments

  1. =) loving the oatifix face mask!! the shower jelly looks even better in the pics than i remember!! hows the lip tint?? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shower jelly smells amazing! ^_^ The colour of the lip tint is lovely but it dries out my lips. Not good :( have to keep applying loads of balm. Hoping it won't be as bad in the summer when the weather isn't as harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoenix Rising is my FAVORITE. It is purple, smells a mix of apple and cinnamon and is covered by gold dust. I am not your typical girlie girl, but if I could afford it, I would use a Phoenix Rising bath bomb for each one and every bath I will ever take. Leaves your skin soooo smooth!
    As for the tint, it does dry out my lips too, so now I use it mainly as an add on to a lip balm and for my cheeks. It looks more natural than blush and lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoenix Rising sounds delicious! I love those types of scents.
      I'd never have thought to use the tint as a blush, I may just have to give that a go!

      Delete

Follow on Bloglovin