All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Feel Unique Beauty Box January 2012

My first beauty box of the year and it's all about renewing and revitalising.






Contents:

I liked the idea of this box.  All of the products could be used together for a rejuvenating pamper session.
After my normal make up removal I used Gentle Cleanse by Green People.  I wasn't overly keen on this.  It did the job and left my skin feeling clean but I didn't like the smell at all.  I can't even describe the smell but in my opinion it wasn't pleasant.



Dead Sea Spa Magik's Salt Brushing was another product in this months box that I wasn't a fan of at first.  The box contained 2 sachets of what is basically coarse sea salt and a mixture of coconut oil, vitamin E and a lovely fresh zesty fragrance.  I'm not sure why I didn't like this the first time, perhaps because it felt strange and slimy on my skin at first, because after I used the second packet I was hooked!  It smells great and left my skin super soft.  Not only does it exfoliate but the oils left my skin feeling moisturised and smooth.  I bought some almost straight after that.  It's a very welcome, not to mention relatively affordable, addition to my weekly pampering routine.


The PhytoBaume Color Protect Express Conditioner, to put it bluntly, was nothing to write home about.  I think my hair has been spoiled by my discovery of Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer and nothing else seems to compare.


I'm in love with this product!  I've applied Coherence L.IR Infrared Lifting Cream by Lierac almost every morning since receiving it and my skin feels amazing.  It smells delicious and absorbs into the skin quickly.  I can't say that I noticed, as the product claims, a visible lifting effect on my skin, but then again I'm not sure that's something I'm worrying about at my age.  It's not something I'll be purchasing again in the near future almost entirely due to the fact that my budget isn't big enough!


I haven't tried anything by Caudalie that I haven't liked and wanted to buy.  No doubt it will make it on to my dressing table sometime soon.  Caudalie claim their Nourishing Body Lotion can help prevent stretch marks and will leave your skin feeling supple and toned.  I can vouch for the latter two qualities.  My skin feels great after I've applied this.




I'll be completely honest, when I first peeped into my first box of 2012 I felt a little disappointed.  Nothing really shouted out to me straight away.  However, after trying everything out I've found 3 out of the 5 products I've either bought already, will be buying soon or would have bought by now if my budget would allow!

Did you receive this months box?  What was your initial thought on the type of products inside?

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin