All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Friday 20 January 2012

Nail Rock Nail Wraps.

I was really excited to receive these nail wraps in my November GlossyBox.  Although I've been tempted by some pretty cool designs, you can get anything from stars and lace to sexy animal prints, I'd never got round to purchasing a set.  The £5+ price tags from various companies was a little off putting to me.  Would they really last the 10 days being claimed?
I loved the 'Furry Cheetah' design I received and I was looking forward to an opportunity to give them a try.  The packaging is quite fantastic!  I would love to have leopard print lips like these too!  ^_^



Inside are 16 nail 'wraps' in various different sizes.  The instructions on the back of the packaging are simple and easy to follow.  I can't deny that it does take a bit of time if applying for the first time (or maybe it was just me, lol!) I must stress it is so important to prepare the nails properly before application if you want these to last as long as possible.  Ensuring you spend extra time lightly buffing and removing natural oils and dirt from the nail surface will definitely pay off.  It takes some getting used to but I found the trick is to stretch the wrap over the free edge to get rid of wrinkles and to apply plenty of pressure to give a lovely smooth finish.

I should apologise for the quality of the following photos.  I took them on my mobile before dashing out on a date ^_^
I was a little worried about whether it looked a bit too over the top using the wraps on all of my nails but was soon reassured over the next few days with all of the compliments I received.  They seemed to be a hit with lots of the guys I work with!  Nevertheless I do think this particular design would look fabulous on an accent nail if combined with a matte black polish.  I must try this and will share pictures when I do!



As for the question of durability, well I had them on for 5 or 6 days and the only wear was along the free edge.  In fact the only reason I removed them was because 2 of my nails broke at work.  I have a fairly hands on job sometimes and my manicures don't usually last more than a day without some kind of chip or scratch, so to say these nail wraps impressed me is an understatement.  I'm pretty sure if I hadn't been at work I could have got at least 10 days wear out of them.

So the verdict?  I'd say they are worth it.  If you fancy trying some no mess nail art then definitely give these a go.  I would highly recommend you give yourself plenty of time to apply these on your first go so you can get used to the technique.

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps cost £6.65.  Visit http://www.nailrock.com/ for more information and to buy.

Jen
xoxo

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin