All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Saturday 28 January 2012

Chinese New Year Inspired Manicure

With the arrival of the Chinese new year I wanted to do something simple but effective on my finger tips.  I decided to go with a red and gold colour scheme as these are both traditionally associated with Chinese new year.  Red, of course, reminds me of the red envelopes that are given to children containing money.

I don't wear a lot of red on my nails but I dug out Tate by Nails Inc.  This is a delicious deep, cherry red colour with a creme finish.  Perhaps not exactly the right shade but it was the best I had.  I love Nails Inc polishes.  I always find they apply so easily and smoothly.




I applied two coats of Tate polish and achieved a smooth even and very glossy finish.  I didn't apply a topcoat for these pictures and you can see just how shiny my nails look.

To each of my ring fingers and thumbs I chose to apply Gold Shatter by OPI.  I've got to admit I've never been a fan of shatter polishes.  In fact this was my first time trying it out and I didn't think I would like it.  The metallic Gold Shatter was easy to apply and it was fun to watch the crackling effect occur on my nails.



I was pretty pleased with the overall look.  I think the choice of an accent manicure was a good one, i'm sure I would have found it too much on my whole hand.  I've had this on for a week now and it still looks great.  I think I may be tempted by this look to experiment more with shatter polishes in the future!

Tate is available to buy from www.nailsinc.com and costs £11.00 for 10ml and £5.00 for 4ml
Gold Shatter is available from www.lenawhite.co.uk and is currently selling at £5.50 for 15ml

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin