All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 9 March 2015

NOTD: BLACK AND GOLD



I can't even remember the last time I posted about what's gracing my nails.  To be honest I haven't been wearing anything too interesting anyway, however since starting my new course I've been feeling inspired to do something a little bit different with my nails.  A few weeks back I signed up to a course in nail services and I'm pretty excited at the thought of being a qualified nail technician by the end of June.  It's quite an intensive course as it's only a few months long rather than a year but the hard work is going to be very worth it in the end!

It's a really simple manicure with Nails Inc Oxford Street providing the black base.  On top of this I used some gorgeous black lace design nail wraps by Avon, which are so quick and easy to apply.  As an accent I added OPI Gold Shatter to my thumb and ring finger.  I really hated the look of these crackle polishes when they were popular years ago but now I'm quite liking them as an accent!

As nail art is part of the course I've been using this as an excuse to dig through my old products and pick up a few new bits and pieces.  One of the new things I picked up recently was cuticle tattoos.  I know these have been around for a while but I've not had the chance to try them before and I thought this would work nicely to add the finishing touch to my ring fingers.  I'm liking the idea of extending the design beyond the nail and it's something I'll be experimenting with more in the future.

What do you think of cuticle tattoos?  Tacky or something you would use?




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Love the nails. I've not seen the cuticle tattoos before but it looks fab. How are the nail wraps applied? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I really love all of them as it just looks so cosy!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin