All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Tuesday 9 December 2014

NOVEMBER DEGUSTABOX


It's that time again where I dig into my monthly Degustabox filled full of food and drink goodies to try.  This month seemed to have a bit of a festive theme to it  and overall I don't think it's a bad box.  Keep reading to see what I got.



Whilst I do like Kettle Chips I'm not keen on the sound of this flavour.  I don't like strong cheeses and Stilton is not something I eat ever so these Stilton & Port flavour crisps are just not for me.  I do wish I'd received the other option of Salsa & Mesquite but, as this flavour sounds very festive, they will be a good extra to stick out for our Boxing Day buffet this year.


Cool Dawn Recovery initially looked like a new energy drink to me and I don't do those at all but it's actually not at all what I thought.  It's an all natural herbal drink and doesn't contain any stimulants.  It's a detox 'recovery' drink which is meant to stop hangovers so this will be good to have on standby for after my works Christmas party at the weekend.  The citrus and liquorice flavour sounded really very interesting so I cracked on open just to have a taste.  The liquorice flavour is quite strong so if you're not a fan of liquorice or aniseed flavours then this may not be for you.


Well hello there!  I would have warmly welcomed one of these Lindor Melting Moments in my box but 5 was an absolute joy to receive.  I love Lindt, the taste and the smoothness of the chocolate are just divine and so perfect for this time of year.  These chocolate snowflakes are the perfect size for a naughty treat. Inside is that delightful, luxurious molten chocolate filling that we all know from Lindor balls.


It was a surprise to see more from Kents Kitchen as it was only last month that I received one of their meal kits.  However this is a little different and instead of containing a whole seasoning kit to create a meal these Stir In Flavour Shots are a concentrated seasoning to stir in to your meal.  I'm not the biggest lover of garlic but I do love coriander to the point of being obsessed and I think the two flavours work together very well.  There are 4 'shots' in the packet so I will be able to experiment and use it for different meal ideas but I can see this working very well with chicken.


Another product I got pretty excited about was this Branston Caramelised Onion Chutney.  I do love caramelised onions and think this would be perfect to enjoy with cheese and crackers so this is another one that I will be saving for our party.  Before stashing this away I did pop it open to have a taste and the verdict is that it's GOOD!  I almost want to keep it for myself rather than share it!  It has a hint of that lovely Branston Pickle flavour to it but it's packed with gorgeous little chunks of onion and is quite sweet.  I'm looking forward to busting this open again alongside a cheeseboard.


The second of three drink products is Pip Organic Cloudy Apple Juice.  It's simply organic fruit juice and is nothing really special but it does taste good and the fact that it's not stuffed full of nasties would make it good for kids to drink.  At £1.50 a go however it would be quite an expensive lunchbox inclusion.


The third and final drink is Montano Italian Cider.  I'm not sure I've every tried Italian cider before so this will be a treat.  I love the look of the bottle and think it looks quite classy for cider, compared to other brands such as Bulmers or Magners, but would you expect anything other than refined from the Italians? I'm yet to try it as I'm currently ill with a cold and want to be able to fully enjoy the flavour but if it's anything like French and Spanish ciders that I have tried before then I will probably like this.


Ahh, more curry.  As I've probably mentioned before I do love a good curry so I don't mind that we have more curry in this months box.  I've seen Holy Cow products in supermarkets before but haven't tried any until now.  I tried the Mangalore Malabar Curry Sauce first as it is a little more spicy out of the two options I received and was hoping it would clear my blocked airways!  I added the sauce to chopped onions and chicken style Quorn pieces.  I'm not vegetarian by the way, I just didn't have any meat to cook this with, but if you do happen to be a one then you may be happy to know this is suitable for vegetarians.  I really enjoyed the flavour of this and it wasn't too spicy for me.  I think this would have been good made with firm white fish and maybe even some lamb.  The second sauce in my box is a Mughlai Korma which sounds delicious and I imagine I will make with diced chicken.


And the last little treat is a sample sachet of Drink Me Chai Spiced Chai Latte. I've never tried chai latte before so this will be interesting.  I'm planning on having a little me time at some point and making this for myself, probably after a hard evening of internet Christmas shopping!




Follow on Bloglovin

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin