All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Sunday 1 September 2013

Beauty Box Haul


It's been well over a year since I ordered any beauty boxes.  I know a lot of people are so over them but I still love them.  They're like a little mystery present every month.  I wasn't going to resubscribe so soon but Birchbox managed to tempt me with their wonderful August box and whilst I haven't yet resubscribed to Glossybox a super offer popped up in my inbox and I purchased the April and July boxes for just £12.95.



Birchbox's August offering was a collaboration with Instyle magazine.  To be honest I'd been eyeing this one up all month but when I got hold of a code for two extra samples I didn't have to think twice and placed my order.  It's a fabulous box, probably the best out of the three and the additional samples made it even more worthwhile.  It's my first Birchbox since they bought out Joliebox and if the standard stays this high it will be well worth the £12.95 a month.

Inside the box:

  • Bluemandarines Skinlife Energetic Cellular Cream
  • Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence
  • Gerda Spillmann Hydro Pearls
  • Laqa & Co Lip Pencil
  • Molton Brown Ylang Ylang Body Wash
  • Propercorn
  • Birchbox Gel Mask
Bonus samples:
  • theBalm Instain Pwder Blush
  • Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave In Conditioner
Of course I've already eaten the popcorn!  I've also tried the lip pencil, which is the most beautiful pinky red shade, and the Montibel.lo hair oil.  I'm looking forward to trying the rest and will review them once I've given them a good test run.


Glossybox has always been hit and miss with their boxes but these were thankfully on the better side.  First up the April Spring Fever box which was a collaboration with Pearl Lowe.

Inside the box:
  • Richard Ward Couture Hair optimiser style reviver
  • Yves Rocher Nutritive Vegetal 24hr Comfort Nourishing Cream
  • Nip + Fab Dry Skin Fix Body Butter
  • Sunsense Daily Face SPF
  • Etre Belle Collagen and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask
Overall not bad.  I've been wanting to try a few products by Yves Rocher so I'm looking forward to trying the cream and I love trying out masks of any kind so that is also a welcome addition.  The Mango Nip + Fab body butter smells amazing and out of the 3 scents on offer this is the one I would have chosen if I'd had the choice.


Finally the July Seaside Splash edition which was all about summer primping and preening ready for hitting the beach.  Not the strongest box for me personally however one product in particular made this worthwhile!

Inside the box:
  • Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
  • Coola Organic Suncare Collection Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented
  • Inecto Pure Coconut Refreshing Dry Shampoo
  • Ila Spa Face Oil for Glowing Radiance
  • Ciate Paint Pot
Of course I'm most excited abut the Ciate polish.  I got the most amazing shade of orange and I can't wait to get this on my tips!  The rest of the box I will be trying but I'm not overly excited by any of it.

I'll be posting full reviews of these once I've had chance to test them out fully.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin