All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Monday 1 July 2013

Studio Makeup Rich Hydration Lipsticks


Happy July!  It's come around so quickly, I just cannot believe half of the year is already done and dusted.  But anyway, today I'm talking about 2 lipsticks by Studio Makeup.  Yet again these were received in beauty boxes, I think it may have been in a Boudoir Prive box before it was bought up by Jolie Box and then Birch Box.  I received a pink shade called 'Tender Pink' and a red called 'Truly Red'. 



The packaging for these is sleek and simple glossy black.  The lipstick itself is completely housed inside the lid and to release it you need to press in the bottom and it pops right out.  I quite like this design as it seems like it will stay secure if it ever just gets tossed carelessly into my handbag.



Tender Pink is a very girly frosted baby pink.  It's not me at all.  I generally don't do very pale pink lips and the frosted finish is just a big no for me.  I do like the consistency however as it is quite creamy and feels moisturising on the lips.  The pigmentation is also really good.  I think it looks quite nice in the photos I took but I doubt I will wear this ever again.  To me it just looks... old fashioned really.



Truly Red is much more my style and something I would be more likely to wear.  Again it is creamy, moisturising and very pigmented.  I wouldn't call it a true red as the name would suggest.  It has an orange tone to it, I'd say perhaps more of a brick red but I like it nonetheless.  I haven't yet worn this for any substantial length of time as I still feel a little self concious wearing such bright colours during the day and I'm still working myself up to it! 

Overall I really love the texture and pigmentation of these lipsticks as well as the cool storage mechanism.  'Truly Red' is definitely a keeper but I think I will have to find a more appreciative home for 'Tender Pink'.  It took me a while to find out where to buy these in the UK but found them on the Birchbox website for £12.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin