All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Pink Wednesday #6



A bit of a cheat this week!  I recycled last weeks Pink Wednesday nails as a bit of an experiment with a polish I had tried before but disliked.  Leighton Denny's Butterfly Wings is a gorgeous sheer peachy pink with blue shimmer.  It's really unusual that I would choose something like this but I fell head over heels with the blue shimmer.  It just looked so unusual I decided I needed to give it a go. 





I first wore this about a year ago and, disappointingly, I hated it.  The peachy tones were really strong and looked terrible against my skin.  I wanted to like this so much so whilst digging through my polish stash for my next Pink Wednesday feature I pulled this out for a play.  I applied two coats of Butterfly Wings over 3 coats of Nails Inc Paris.  Paris itself is a blue toned pink so it really helps to reduce the peachiness of Butterfly Wings.  The result is quite interesting milky pink which is heading very close to a lilac colour.



I prefer this a lot more than wearing it alone and think it looks infinitely better with the blue tones emphasised more than the peach, at least on my hands.  Butterfly Wings is £11 for 12ml from the Leighton Denny website.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin