All content copyright Jenna Green. Powered by Blogger.

Social icons

Thursday 4 July 2013

Pink Thursdays??



Well hello!  I totally meant to post this yesterday but things just got in the way and it didn't happen. So this week I'm having Pink Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday because this mani was too cute and I couldn't wait 'til next week.  My sisters 3 youngest children came over in the evening whilst she attended some kind of school meeting so of course there were plenty of shenanigans happening here!  By the time they left it was getting too dark for me to attempt decent photos so I had to admit defeat.








Originally I was just going to use Warwick Avenue by Nails Inc but I made a bit of a boo boo on my middle finger so I used it as an opportunity to try out Models Own Northern Lights (as if I really needed an excuse to use some holo pink glitter!).  Lets talk about Warwick Avenue first.  Up until a few years ago when I got this free in a magazine I would never ever in a million years have bought a baby pink polish.  Ever!  But it was free so what the hell I thought and gave it a try.  I instantly fell in love, used it quite a lot and bought a second bottle so I wouldn't run out.  It's so girly and pretty I just love it.  The formula isn't bad and although the first coat goes on ever so slightly streaky, a second coat gets it looking even and relatively opaque.

Because I'm so clumsy I caught my middle nail on something exactly 10 seconds after finishing my manicure.  I really couldn't be bothered re-doing one nail so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try out one of my gorgeous Models Own glitters.  Northern Lights is from the Wonderland collection and is a very pretty pink holographic glitter in a clear base.  It's glitter heavy and is really easy to get an even spread in one coat.  As with all glitter polishes it dries with a slight texture to it but I don't consider that a problem at all.  If it bothers you a swipe or two of top coat will fix it.

I really love this combination but what's not to like?  The colours complement each other perfectly and above all it's holographic!
I used 2 coats of Nails Inc Warwick Avenue and 1 coat of Models own Northern Lights.


Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin